World Food Program recrute 01 Operational Information Management (OIM) and Performance Reporting Officer (NOB)
|Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 3 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 07-01-2018
Détails de l’offre:
Opeational Information Management (OIM) and Performance Reporting Officer (NOB)
Area of expertise: Emergency preparedness
Type of contract: Long term opportunities
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is found in the Regional Bureau for West and Central Africa in Dakar and reports to the Head of Regional Operational Information Management (OIM) and Performance Reporting Officer. Job holder operates with a high degree of independence, is likely involved in activities and analytical work of a high complexity, and contributes to Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting improvement.
The Operational Information Management (OIM) and Performance Reporting function at the Regional Bureau is key to providing internal and external information about WFP achievements. It is also critical for operational review and design of operations, information sharing in general and transparency and accountability to donors.
OIM and Performance Reporting is a cross-cutting function integrating aspects from all areas of WFP and is critical in enabling a standard and consistent operating picture of WFP operations and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making.
The Regional OIM and Performance Reporting Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Regional OIM and Performance Reports Unit. The OIM and Performance Reports Unit works in close collaboration with all relevant units (Programme, EPR/Protection, Donor Relations, Communication/PI, VAM, Logistics, Resource Management, Security, etc.) to ensure that the most up-to-date and comprehensive messaging on WFP operations in the West and Central Africa is provided through various briefs and reports both internally (Senior Management and all WFP staff), as well as externally (donors, partners, external audience, etc.). This position provides an excellent learning opportunity and insight into the various aspects of WFP’s operations. The WFP Regional Bureau in Dakar (RBD) provides support to 19 countries in the West and Central Africa.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry-out reporting related duties, including editing, writing and formatting corporate reports and briefs for the West and Central Africa region;
2. Collate relevant information from both internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information in support of decision making;
3. Apply a degree of analysis to the information received in order to inform on trends, raise management’s awareness of important issues and support decision making;
4. Collate and assist in the dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting;
5. Collate, analyse and communicate the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level;
6. Respond to ad-hoc information requests from various internal and external stakeholders in a timely and efficient way;
7. Ensure that inputs received from relevant stakeholders are timely and of quality, and give prompt and clear feedback as necessary;
8. Collaborate with counterparts internally and with other UN agencies to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information;
9. Support the Unit in formulating OIM and Performance Reporting guidance and ensuring the Country Offices are applying it;
10. Help ensure standard OIM and Performance Reporting procedures and templates are applied across the region including by carrying-out continuous quality checks;
11. Support the Unit in organizing and delivering OIM and Performance Reporting training in the region;
12. Contribute to identifying Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements;
13. Contribute to the implementation and further development of the SPR Intelligent Next Generation system (SPRING). Support the preparation of Standard Project Reports (SPRs) and Annual Country Reports (ACRs) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information;
14. Support COs or RBs in emergencies by preparing, organising and providing secretarial support to Operational Task Forces (OTFs);
15. Carry-out other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
• Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
• Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
• Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
• Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University Degree in Social Science, Humanitarian Studies, Economics, Political Science, Information Management, Journalism, or other relevant fields. Or First University degree with an extra year of related work experience.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Three years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Full professional proficiency in both English and French (oral and written) is a mandatory requisite;
• Excellent communication and writing skills (must be able to write clearly and concisely in a grammatically correct English).
• Good analytical skills and ability to convey key messages concisely;
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and work independently;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Ability to work in a team and quickly adjust to a new work context;
• Ability to adapt to a multicultural working environment and treat all colleagues with respect; Values open and constructive dialogue;
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite);
• Strong client-orientation.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
January 07th 2018
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
Apply here: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=