World Conference of Science Journalists Travel Fellowships 2017
Deadline: March 15, 2017
The World Conference of Science Journalists is excited to offer travel fellowships for professional and student attendees from the U.S. and abroad. These fellowships are intended to enable those who otherwise could not attend to join for the World Conference of Science Journalists in San Francisco, October 26-30, 2017.
The power of the World Conference of Science Journalists to enrich science coverage and bring people together depends on global representation. The goal of the WCSJ2017 Travel Fellowship program is provide assistance to as many attendees as possible and support the global diversity of the conference by enabling representation from all regions.
- The grants will provide full or partial support to cover economy airfare, accommodation for the duration of the conference, and reasonable ground transport, up to a maximum amount based on the traveler’s location and circumstances;
- Fellowship recipients will receive complimentary basic meeting registration;
- An additional subsidy for meals, incidentals, and registration for ancillary conference events may be provided depending on demonstrated need;
- Fellowship recipients selected for participation in pre-conference events will receive a subsidy for an additional hotel night.
- You may apply for a General Travel Fellowship if you write, edit, or produce science news, information, or commentary for the public; teach science journalism; or are a member of a WFSJ member association, and would not be able to attend the conference without financial assistance.
- Open to students interested in writing, editing, or producing science news, information, or commentary for the public as a career;
- Priority for these fellowships will be given to U.S. and international students at the undergraduate level, although graduate students in the sciences or early-career writers without access to formal training programs in journalism also are welcome to apply.
- Apply here
- Applicants will be asked to upload a resumé and a statement of interest, and to provide the name of a reference whom you will ask to send a letter of recommendation;
- It is recommended that applicants read through the application online to prepare materials requested before applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- All materials submitted must be in English.
For more information, visit WCSJ 2017 Travel Fellowships.