World Bank recrute 01 Associate Trade Finance Officer
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC is seeking a Associate Trade Officer to support the origination, processing and portfolio management of trade finance and supply finance transactions in the region. The Associate Trade Officer will report to the Regional Lead and will be based in Johannesburg or Dakar.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Associate Trade Officer is expected to:
- Under the supervision of the Regional Lead, originate and execute trade finance transactions with Issuing Banks under IFC’s Global Trade Finance Program (GTFP) by connecting with regional and global GTFP Confirming Banks;
- Monitor trade lines and ensure that transactions are consistent with all corporate guidelines, including the trade operational guidelines;
- Monitor and execute daily trade finance transactions in the region, facilitate timely processing of amendments and cancellations by working closely with the GTFP Operations team;
- Maintain contacts with GTFP Issuing Banks and stay abreast of market development to manage risks in the portfolio;
- Track program activities by using IFC’s corporate systems and prepare reports as needed;
- Monitor GTFP billing follow up with clients on timely payments as well as and any Trade Survey quest;
- Work together with FIG regional colleagues and contribute to FIG supervision efforts;
- Participate in the development and processing of new business leads (under Regional Lead supervision) that includes supply chain finance facilities with regional clients, commodity financing, and the portfolio-based Global Trade Liquidity Program (GTLP), and
- Support all other tasks requested by the Regional Lead for existing or pipeline of the trade finance programs.
- MBA, Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent.
- At least of 7 years’ experience in trade finance with an international commercial bank or other financial institution;
- Extensive knowledge of commercial banking products and services, experience in correspondent banking relationships and international trade products;
- Knowledge of corporate trade finance and supply chain finance related products;
- Strong financial and credit skills along with analytical ability;
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and French.
Closing Date: 9/22/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : worldbankgroup.csod.com.