World Bank recruits 01 Senior Procurement Specialist
- Job #: req8003
- Organization: World Bank
- Sector: Procurement
- Grade: GG
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Dakar,Senegal
- Required Language(s): French
- Preferred Language(s):
- Closing Date: 7/24/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
The Solutions and Innovations in Procurement (SIP) Department convenes a leading group of practitioners focused on advancing cutting-edge practices and innovations in the fields of procurement, anti-corruption and open government. To enhance its capacity, it seeks to recruit/appoint a highly organized, energized and experienced professional, capable of operating effectively in Africa and more specifically in west and central Africa.
The Senior Accredited Procurement Specialist will be working under the oversight and guidance of the World Bank’s Procurement Accredited Practice Manager for the Region. This position is based in Dakar, Senegal.
Scope of Work
- Provide technical fiduciary advice on procurement activities and engage in policy dialogue on procurement with client countries.
- Support client countries in achieving value for money (VFM) in public procurement to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity.
- Understand relevant procurement markets using analytical tools and approaches to define more effective procurement.
- Participates in missions and plays a key role in developing practical approaches to procurement while simultaneously dealing with difficult policy and operational issues.
- Prepares and/or comments on draft operational directives and policy papers
- Produces major/complex reports.
- Develops relationships with government senior officials to advance policy dialogue in procurement.
- Transforms policy dialogue into concrete proposals that enhance and strengthen countries’ national procurement system.
- Plays a significant role within the function in guiding/mentoring other stakeholders.
- Develops and executes training modules on complex sector related procurement topics.
The work implies frequent interaction with the following stakeholders:
- Management and Bank’s staff in his duty station and in countries in the region.
- Interactions with HQ based management staff and management.
- Government officials at ministerial level and equivalent contacts in other international organizations, partner entities, etc.
- Other external constituencies and expert groups.
- High levels of integrity.
- Excellent command of French and English.
- An advanced degree with a major in a relevant discipline (e.g. business administration, engineering, commerce, law, procurement, public policy, etc.) is required.
- Master’s degree in any relevant areas.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, including but limited to VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc…
- Minimum of 8 years of direct relevant experience in carrying out technical duties in procurement inside or outside the Bank. International experience is desirable.
- Ability to deal sensitively in a country-specific and multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Strong communication skills and persuasiveness in presenting, negotiating and resolving highly complex issues, both orally and in writing.
- Client-driven and a sense of personal responsibility for achieving a high level of technical quality and timeliness.
- Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple stakeholders and constraints.
- Analytical skills to recognize patterns, extract conclusions and strategies out of information coming from multiple sources and in a variety of forms.
- Results-oriented to act as a trusted, strategic advisor, partnering with clients to deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively mentor/guide groups of staff and design training/skills enhancement initiatives to ensure effective transfer of knowledge/skills.
Specific Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Knowledge on institutions and procurement reforms in Borrower’s countries and good practices around the world.
- Knowledge of control mechanisms required for procurement excellence.
- Understanding of the World Bank’s products and project cycle is desirable.
- Understanding of political economy, public policy, public systems and public management in procurement or other sectors.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of project management tools & methodologies; ability to manage complex, multi-functional, cross-regional projects/programs including managing relationships with stakeholders & counterparts.
- Knowledge and experience in risk management.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter worldbankgroup.csod.com.