World Bank recruits 01 Senior Investment Officer
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
FIG is recruiting one Senior Investment Officer (“SIO”) to join the investment and portfolio team which manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments, including investments that support the institution’s regional expansion across Africa. The Senior Investment Officer will report to the FIG Regional Industry Portfolio Manager covering West and Central Africa (WCA).
The position will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of portfolio actions (such as restructuring, equity sale, loan conversion) as well as regular waivers and amendments;
- Contribute to the active management of the FIG equity portfolio focused on value add as well as equity sales that ensure successful exits;
- Perform regular asset valuations and make recommendations on loan loss reserves and write-downs;
- Coordinate as relevant with CSO on rescheduling and restructuring situations;
- Ensure timely, accurate and “value added” regular monitoring and reporting on the portfolio; provide early warning for assets at risk;
- Supervise compliance with IFC financial, environmental, legal and other requirements;
- Provide quality control to compliance reporting and to portfolio transactions like rights issues, term modifications and directorship nominations;
- Contribute the portfolio perspective to strategy development for IFC’s FIG business in the MEA region, in support of the regional portfolio manager;
- Staff portfolio projects with the appropriate teams with the view to deploy best technical expertise and provide best possible client service, while keeping in mind career and training development needs of IFC staff.
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- At least 8-12 years experience in the financial sector, including a solid operational understanding of commercial banks and other financial entities in West Africa in particular, and the Africa region in general;
- Experience in finance with a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments in FIG sectors;
- Knowledge of overall industry sector trends, experience in emerging markets a plus;
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients needs effectively;
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners;
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity);
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required, as well as working knowledge of French;
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to mentor junior investment staff;
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards; and
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Application deadline: 21 Oct 2020.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter worldbankgroup.csod.com.