World Bank Group Winter Internship for Young Professionals 2018 – Washington, DC
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Applications for the 2018 World Bank Winter Internship are now open. The Bank Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting.
This Internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, and other related fields.
The World Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030:
- End extreme poverty by decreasing the percentage of people living on less than $1.90 a day to no more than 3%
- Promote shared prosperity by fostering the income growth of the bottom 40% for every country
The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. They are not a bank in the ordinary sense but a unique partnership to reduce poverty and support development. The World Bank Group comprises five institutions managed by their member countries. Established in 1944, the World Bank Group is headquartered in Washington, D.C. They have more than 10,000 employees in more than 120 offices worldwide.
- The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses;
- Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are in Washington, DC; others are in country offices.
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time). Successful candidates have usually completed their first year of graduate studies or are into their PhD programs;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
- Apply here
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
For more information, visit World Bank Group Winter Internship.