World Bank Group recruits 01 Investment Analyst
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new strategy to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected States (FCS). This new strategy aims at creating our own opportunities for private investments in riskier markets by proactively working in these countries to create, deepen, and expand the markets themselves. Delivering on this strategy requires a different approach to delivering integrated and scalable solutions that create new markets through upstream engagements and the implementation of the Cascade, in very close collaboration with World Bank colleagues at the country and sector level. Ultimately, it is about creating a new pipeline of bankable operations/ projects.
The Infrastructure and Natural Resources (INR) Industry is one of IFC’s key strategic priorities. The team delivers financial and technical support to clients in the power, transport, telecoms, municipal & environmental infrastructure, oil and gas, and mining sectors, from IFC’s own Balance Sheet and through mobilization of other capital. The Department also seeks to maintain IFC, as part of the World Bank Group, at the cutting-edge of helping member countries find solutions to new and emerging infrastructure and natural resource issues.
IFC is seeking to recruit an Investment Analyst to work closely with other investment staff to support the development, execution and monitoring of investments for its INR Industry Group in the Africa region. This group is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions in power, transport, and utilities. Products range from debt (corporate or project finance) to mezzanine and equity.
The selected candidate will be based in Dakar (Senegal).
Duties and Accountabilities
The responsibilities of the Investment Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models;
- Conduct industry, market and company research;
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle from project development to disbursement;
- Participate to the execution of IFC’s project development investments with a strong focus on achieving bankable projects;
- Coordinate closely with environmental and social colleagues to ensure the maintenance of high environmental and social standards in IFC’s investment;
- Participate in investment negotiations;
- Supervise investments in portfolio companies; and
- Collaborate efficiently with a range of industry and regional IFC colleagues.
- At least Bachelor’s or equivalent university degree;
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in project and credit analysis with a major financial institution, consulting company or large corporation a plus, although very strong candidates with limited prior experience will also be considered;
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Interest in the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French a must; and
- Local knowledge and experience in African markets is a plus.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Application deadline: 29 October 2020.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter worldbankgroup.csod.com.