Word Food Programme recrute 01 Vulnerability
Analysis & Mapping (VAM) Officer – NOB
|Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 3 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 26-12-2017
Publié le 11/12/2017 à 17h08min15s
Détails de l’offre:
Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping (VAM) Officer – NOB Regional Bureau Dakar, Senegal
Area of expertise: Programme & policy
Type of contract: Long term opportunities
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
(Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
Title: Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping Officer (NOB)
Contract type: Fixed Term
Vacancy type: External
Duration: 1 year- Renewable
Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for West Africa (RBD)
Closing date of application: 25-12- 2017
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: Job holders operate independently and are involved in operational activities and related analytical work.
JOB PURPOSE: To contribute to the VAM evidence base that supports food security and nutrition policies and programmes (e.g. needs assessment and situation analyses, programme design, targeting, cost effectiveness, and operational efficiency).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
• Contribute to the development of VAM projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies and guidance;
• Support the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice;
• Support the development of food security and vulnerability analysis and the preparation of timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies, processes and guidance to enable effective decision-making on the development of country strategy, policies and programmes;
• Provide assistance on the coordination of data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
• Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency and highlight potential risks to project delivery;
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct vulnerability analysis to effectively inform preparedness and response activities;
• Provide support to relevant partners that are focusing on food security and nutrition issues to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practice;
• Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries;
• Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs;
• Other as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
3 years or more professional experience in the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of several statistical tools and methods for food securityanalysis.
• Developed practical expertise in food security analysis and mapping by participating in multiple assessments in countries, including the design, data collection and analysis.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of WFP vulnerability mapping systems and emergency assessment standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science,
Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Proficiency (level C) of French and at least high intermediate level of English is required under all circumstances.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Position open to Senegalese nationals only
Apply here: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale