Woodside Energy recruits 01 HSE Advisor (Dakar)
We know great results come from our people feeling valued, getting the support they need to reach their full potential as well as bring their whole self to work. We also recognise that enduring, meaningful relationships with communities are fundamental to maintaining our licence to operate.
Technology and innovation are essential to our long-term sustainability. We are growing our carbon and new energy businesses using technology to reduce emissions and the carbon footprint of our products. We are working to improving energy efficiency, offset emissions, reduce emissions intensity and explore options for lower-carbon energy. Woodside led the development of the LNG industry in Australia and is applying this same pioneering spirit to solving future energy challenges.
Woodside is a leading Australian oil and gas producer with a global presence. As a diverse and expanding organisation we have many divisions that support our business. At Woodside you will find development and career opportunities, you’ll be valued, recognised, challenged, and rewarded.
The Sangomar field which contains both oil and gas, is located 100 kilometres south of Dakar. Work on the Sangomar Field Development commenced in early 2020 and first oil production is targeted in 2023.
Our global headquarters are based in Perth Australia.
About the Role
Based in our Dakar office, the Health, Safety & Environment Advisor you will deliver excellence in Health & Safety service to the business, across the Upstream Oil & Gas lifecycle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for communicating and supporting the implementation of HSEQ WMS requirements relevant to division/business unit;
- Provide assurance that HSEQ WMS requirements are effectively implemented in division/business unit;
- Champion Woodside Our Safety Culture framework and Golden Safety Rules;
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve application of Health and Safety management systems/processes;
- Alignment to the HSEQ and Business Unit Plans.
- Work with stakeholders including contractors to deliver superior HSE outcomes
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Foundation in HSE legislation and regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Health & Safety Graduate or Adviser in Oil & Gas (hydrocarbon) industry or similar heavy industry.
- Tertiary education in a relevant field or Trade base or similar workplace experience is an advantage.
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally.
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work for a global company
- Career development opportunists by working alongside industry leaders
- A values driven environment where working together is key
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through a annual bonus
- An important part of this role is the ability to communicate in strong written & verbal English, as such we encourage applications & CV/Resume’s in the English language. To be eligible for this position you must have full working rights in Senegal.
- Woodside is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workforce culture, which is supported by our Compass values. Our aim is to attract, develop and retain a truly diverse and high-performing workforce.
We encourage diversity of age, nationality, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical ability, cultural background, thinking styles, experience, family background, including carer commitments and education. Inclusion centres on all employees creating a climate of trust and belonging, where people feel comfortable to bring their whole self to work.
Closing date : 5 February 2022.Postuler