Women’s Human Rights Training Institute 2016-2017 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: June 30, 2016
Participate in the training programme of the Sixth Round of the Women’s Human Rights Training Institute (WHRTI) 2016-2017. The Institute is a unique initiative founded by the Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF), the Center for Reproductive Rights and the Network of East-West Women (NEWW) in 2004.
The programme is aimed at building and developing the capacity of young lawyers from Central and Eastern European and the Newly Independent States (CEE/NIS) for litigation on women’s rights issues, including: Violence against women, Sexual and reproductive health and rights, and Social and economic rights and employment discrimination.
- All expenses related to the selected participants’ attendance at the three sessions of the Institute are covered by the organizers.
Twenty five participants will be selected among practicing lawyers and legal counselors working with human rights or women’s rights NGOs in the region. Successful applicants should:
- Have a substantial and sustainable interest and a demonstrated commitment to women’s human rights advocacy and/or litigation and in using the law creatively to secure redress for women’s rights violations;
- Have a professional relationship/affiliation for at least one year prior to the application with an institution/organization that has capacity to litigate women’s rights cases or has experience with litigation and preferably focuses in its work on women’s human rights;
- Have demonstrated interest and basic knowledge of the international universal and regional human rights law, legal standards and instruments;
- Be committed and available to actively participate in all the three sessions of the Institute (approximately one week every six months) and to be involved in the intersessional work;
- Have fluency in written and spoken English, and advanced English language comprehension.
- Completed WHRTI application form and all supporting documents (see the application form for details) must be sent to the Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF) by the deadline to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted by July 20, 2016;
- The final selection will be done by August 15, 2016;
- The First session of the WHRTI 6 is planned for September 27 until October 2, 2016 and the workshop of the ESCR- Net will take place on October 3 and 4, 2016.
For more information, visit Women’s Human Rights Training Institute (WHRTI) 2016-2017.