Women’s Fund in Georgia: 2018 Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Protection
Deadline: 27 December 2018
Women’s Fund in Georgia has announced a grant competition for “Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Protection ” whose financial support is funded by Open Society Institute .
Grant Program is intended to support initiatives , which are focused on women’s empowerment , their knowledge and skills to improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights issues , the issues of existing policies , practices , beliefs and attitudes are changing , as well as , the sexual rights of women uplebadam the Strengthening and protecting network network work .
Women’s Fund welcomes social oriented initiatives in the context of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- The maximum grant amount is 8000 US dollars.
- Duration of the projects should not exceed 1 to 4 months.
The priority directions of the grant competition are:
- Strengthening women and girls, promoting networking with their direct participation and leadership
- Increase access to women and girls Reproductive health services / awareness raising / knowledge / dissemination
- Advocacy / lobbying ( budget advocacy including ), advocacy campaigns to conduct a variety of interested parties ( parents , guardians , sexual partners , social workers , police officers and others) involvement
- Research on women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- To increase the sensitivity of decision-makers on sexual and reproductive health and rights issues. Decision-making of the service providers and networking software
- Public / community the monitoring of relevant and accountability of the system to strengthen the ( budget monitoring including)
The thematic trends of the competition include, but not limited to:
- Access to comprehensive sexual education;
- Stigma-free access to information and services on contraception with the ( emergency contraception including);
- Availability of stigma free information and services regarding abortion;
- STI – a prevention and treatment;
- Prevention and further reaction of sexual and gender-based violence;
- Detecting, documenting and responding to cases of sexual and reproductive rights of women and girls, and discrimination;
- Women’s groups in the reproductive / sexual rights , which are a form of discrimination based on experience;
The grant competition “Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Protection of Rights” can participate:
- Women’s local registered NGOs;
- organizations , working on women’s issues and led by women;
- Women’s organizations , of which the Fund’s budget, the budget is small;
- Women’s organizations from the capital and the regions of Georgia , as well as regional or international organizations that are based in Georgia and operated in Georgia;
- Women’s Fund will give priority to the initiative of the organizations operating in the region;
How to Apply
Project proposals can be submitted in person or send it by mail, e-mail or by fax at the addresses given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.womenfundgeorgia.org/ka/WhatWeDo/Grantmaking/3448