Women2030 Sub-Grants: Inviting Civil Society Organizations from Burkina Faso, Togo, Cameroon & Tunisia
Deadline: 28 February 2019
Women Environmental Programme has announced a call for applicationsfrom Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to support the implementation of activities under her European Union (EU)-supported project titled: Women CSOs networking to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as women2030.
The overall objective of this project is to build capacity of women’s and gender civil society organizations to advance local, national and regional gender-responsive sustainable development policies (2030 Agenda & climate), through participation in policy development and monitoring, mobilizing citizen’s support and demonstrating best practices.
Areas of Work
The CSOs are to use this sub-grants to design and implement initiatives that will contribute to the realization of the SDGs. The initiatives should be designed using one or a combination of the following categories:
- Participatory community activities for gender equality and/or sustainable development
- Policy monitoring, dialoging with policy makers
- Educational and awareness raising activities on gender and/or sustainable development
- Networking, information and communication, movement building
- Demonstrating equitable and sustainable solutions and services
- Gender specific trainings and monitoring, women leadership trainings
- Tracking SDG/climate policies and budgets (gender responsive budgets and audits)
- Social media campaign and mainstream media activities
Note: Initiatives whose primary focus is only awareness raising and workshops will not be accepted. Priority will be given to initiatives that aims to influence policies in favour of women, demonstrate sustainable solution and services and ensure gender responsive budgets where women’s needs are integrated.
The maximum amount for each initiative is 1,000 EUR.
The duration of the initiatives should not exceed 12 months.
- CSOs can be women’s and feminist organizations, or other Civil Society Organizations which aim to ensure gender equality and women’s empowerment in their work
- CSOs must have participated in the National Training on Gender and SDGs of the women2030 project.
- CSOs may be national organizations but must have offices and working in the areas or regions they apply to work in
How to Apply
Completed applications should be sent via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Burkina Faso, Togo, Cameroon and Tunisia.
For more information, please visit http://wepnigeria.net/index.php/call-for-applications-for-sub-grants/