Deadline: October 31, 2017
Women in News program (WIN) at the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) is pleased to announce that its call for nominations for the third year of the program in the Middle-East and North Africa is now open. WIN works with media companies and their high potential female employees to overcome the gender gap in management and senior management positions.
The program seeks to equip women media professionals in middle and senior management positions with the right skills, knowledge and attitudes to help advance their careers. WIN provides them the support networks they need to take on a greater leadership role within their organizations and works with their organizations to create environments for high potential women to succeed. The program will run from December 2017 till June 2018.
Successful applicants will benefit from the following:
- Two weeks of Media Management Training certified by the American University in Cairo;
- One-on-one coaching sessions with national coaches;
- National and regional networking events;
- Peer mentoring.
- Open to high potential women journalists from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine, especially those who work in print and digital media;
- Applicants should be working as full-time journalists at a media organization published in one of the four countries or managing their own project;
- It is required that the application be signed and approved by direct supervisor or chief editor of the applicant.
- Interested applicants should download the application form. Please fill the application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission of applications is October 31, 2017. Successful applicants will be contacted during the fourth week of November 2017;
- Successful participants will be expected to travel on specific occasions throughout the program. Your availability for this will be crucial for the overall success of the program.
For more information, visit Women In News MENA.