Women in News: Inviting Applications for Leadership Development Programme!
Deadline: 15 August 2018
The World Association of Newspaper and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) is inviting women journalists to apply for the “Women in News (WIN) Leadership Development Programme” to overcome the gender gap in management and senior management positions. The programme seeks to equip women media professionals in middle and senior management positions with the right skills, knowledge and attitudes to help advance their careers.
WIN provides them the support networks they need to take on a greater leadership role within their organizations and works with their organizations to create environments for high potential women to succeed.
The successful applicants will be also be expected to volunteer time in the mentoring of up and coming journalists in their markets as a way of giving back to their community. This is a requirement of the WIN programme so as to help build the staying power for young female journalists in the media while creating a community of support for the advancement of women.
The programme will run from September 2018 to June 2019 and successful applicants will benefit from the following:
- Online Leadership and Media Management Training
- One-on-one coaching support
- Peer Mentoring
- National and Regional Networking opportunities
- Opportunities for bespoke topics at national events, which include but are not limited to mobile journalism as
- well as other practical skills that can be used in and outside the newsroom.
The course has five modules in total:
- Leadership and Management
- Change Management
- Finance for non-Financial managers
- Marketing and Advertising
- Human Resources including newsroom processes
- Applicants eligible for this call should be working in these countries: Botswana, Rwanda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania and Kenya.
- Media women with a minimum of 2 years in a middle management position (editorial or a senior journalist)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit Women in News Africa.