Wolfson Foundation: Awarding Grants to UK Charities
Deadline: 5 January 2019
The Wolfson Foundation is accepting applications for its grant program to fund capital projects (buildings/refurbishment, equipment) and only award grants to charities or organisations with charitable status (or equivalent).
The Wolfson Foundation has awarded over £800 million in grants since their establishment (£1.7 billion in real terms), supporting over 10,000 projects across the UK, all on the basis of expert peer review.
- Science & Medicine
- Arts & Humanities
- Health & Disability
- The foundation welcomes applications from across all parts of the UK.
- The foundation generally only fund capital projects (buildings/refurbishment, equipment), and only charities or organisations with charitable status (or equivalent). They do not directly fund individuals.
- Their grants cannot cover certain costs, such as VAT or professional fees. They don’t generally fund projects where the total cost is below £15,000 (or, in some cases, £10,000).
The following are also ineligible for funding:
- Overheads, maintenance costs (including for software), VAT and professional fees
- Non-specific appeals (including circulars) and endowment funds
- Costs of meetings, exhibitions, concerts, expeditions, etc.
- The purchase of land or existing buildings (including a building’s freehold)
- Film or promotional materials
- Repayment of loans
- Projects that have already been completed or will be by the time of award
- Projects where the total cost is below £15,000
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit Wolfson Foundation.