William Sutton Prize for Social Innovation 2019 (Up to £20,000)
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Applications are open for the William Sutton Prize for Social Innovation 2019. This prize will be awarded to an individual or organisation that has developed a ground breaking new product, concept or service that will make a positive social impact on disadvantaged groups or communities.
Clarion Housing Group would not exist today without William Sutton, a 19th century entrepreneur who founded the UK’s first door to door parcel delivery service and bequeathed his fortune, in order to provide much needed housing for the poor. William Sutton’s legacy is found not just in some of our buildings, but in the spirit of innovation and philanthropy that we embrace at Clarion Housing Group.
- A prize of up to £20,000 is available to the winner. Every submission should include a short description of how the £20,000 could be used to further develop or enhance your concept.
- Applicants must be either an organisation registered to work in England or an individual aged over the age of 18 who are resident in the UK
- Prize funds cannot be issued to a personal bank account, individual applicants will be required to nominate a partner organisation to host the Prize payment or register as a constituted organisation and set-up a business account
- Applications must present a ground breaking new, or emerging, concept, product or service that will be able to make a make a positive social impact on disadvantaged groups or communities
- Applications must demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to addressing an identified need
- Applications must include estimated costs to demonstrate how the Prize money will facilitate the further development and/or maximise the effectiveness of the concept, product or service
- Applications must demonstrate a considered and practical plan to turn the new, or emerging, concept, product or service into a functional project
- Applications must demonstrate the scope and nature of the impact of the proposed intervention
- Applications are encouraged to show consideration for the sustainability, scaling up or replication of the concept, product or service to demonstrate potential long-term impact
- Applicants may only submit one application per prize round/year
- Applicants may only submit a single application under one of the prize categories. They cannot accept applications under both categories from the same entrant
- Clarion Housing Group employees are not eligible to apply.
All applications will be scored using the following assessment framework. It is important to keep this in mind when completing your application.
- Practicality and Presentation