Deadline: 31 October 2019
Wild Planet Trust is currently seeking applications to award a number of grants to individuals undertaking nature conservation projects.
Projects may involve practical habitat or species management, research, training, education, awareness raising or campaigning.
Wild Planet Trust is an education, scientific and conservation charity dedicated to protecting global wildlife heritage and inspiring in people a respect for animals, plants and the environment.
- Education and engagement of the public on the conservation of the natural world;
- In situ conservation of species and habitats;
- Ex situ conservation of threatened species;
- Conservation advocacy: shaping behaviour-change for the benefit of biodiversity.
Wild Planet Trust awards grants to both UK and overseas projects, and they typically range in value from £500 to £1,500. It is unlikely that the Trust would make an award for more than £1,500.
- The Awards are open to all, and each application is judged on its own merits, however there are a number of topics that the Awards Committee are particularly interested in, which are detailed below:
- Research into the ecology of rare and threatened species and habitats;
- Projects which aim to encourage increased awareness of ecology, conservation and environmental issues in local communities, and to educate people on how to develop and carry out sustainable management practices in those communities;
- Research into how human activity affects species and habitats, and how any potential human-animal conflict can be managed;
- Projects which aim to design and implement conservation education programmes;
- Research into the welfare and breeding success of animals in captivity.
How to Apply
- All applications and supporting documentation must be written in English;
- Applicants are required to send the following supporting documents with their application form:
- A project description, which will need to include aims, method, outcomes and conservation benefits. This should be no longer than ONE SIDE OF A4;
- A copy of your most recent CV. This should be no longer than TWO SIDES OF A4;
- An independent letter of support for their project. This should be on headed paper and should be from someone who knows them well and who is familiar with their project;
- They will be able to upload these documents on the final page of the application form;
- Complete the online application form via given website;
- For those people who experience problems with the online form, please download
the editable PDF application form and email it with all the necessary supporting documentation at the address given on the website. Please note that this form should only be used if you experience internet connectivity issues.
For more Information, please visit https://www.wildplanettrust.org.uk/about-us/grants/