WFP recrute 01 Conseiller (e) du Personnel
Are you a Mental Health professional interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need?
Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people? If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team and contribute to growing our staff capabilities.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operates in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability, and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger. At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high-performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP), and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
Background and purpose of the assignment
The challenges of working in difficult conditions to bring much needed food and support to our recipients while inherently rewarding, can place a great deal of pressure and stress on WFP staff. As a part of a multidisciplinary team under the Staff Wellness Division, the Staff Counselling Unit is committed to the promotion of psychological and physical health in the broadest sense so that staff can continue to function at high levels in order to meet the mandate of the organization. We do this by identifying and addressing psychological risk factors in the workplace, and through the provision of counselling services to staff members and their dependents.
The UN WFP Regional Bureau for Western Africa is therefore looking for a highly qualified Staff Counsellor to join the Staff Wellness Division based in The Regional Bureau in Dakar (RBD) covering WFP Operation in West and Central Africa.
The Staff Counsellor will administratively and technically report to the Regional Staff Counsellor based in Dakar. A key responsibility will be developing and implementing a wide range of Wellness initiatives and programs consistent with the five pillars of the Wellness Strategy and the ability to summarize data and trends to develop programs and policies designed to support staff. Frequent travel is required to support the country and field offices, at times on short notice based on operational needs.
The Staff Counsellor will be responsible for performing the following duties:
Specific qualifications & experience required
- Provide empirically supported and culturally sensitive counselling services to staff and if requested their dependents; this may include case management and referrals to other resources as required.
- Provide pre and post deployment briefings to staff being deployed to emergency or hardship duty stations.
- Using the WFP Wellness Strategy work closely with partners to develop a broad range of Wellness initiatives that fit the context and needs of the operation.
- Based on data trends and requests from other divisions/units/offices develop and provide a range of trainings and programs including but not limited to team building, resilience, harassment, and cross-cultural sensitivity to improve morale, health, and team dynamics.
- As part of a multidisciplinary team work closely with individuals and teams to address psychological risks at the individual, unit and organizational level.
- When requested work closely with managers/supervisors towards improving the working atmosphere in their units.
- Manage the content of the Wellbeing app relevant to the region.
- Provide counselling services to individuals and/or groups during emergencies; provide services in a timely and sensitive manner to staff and dependents after critical incidents and ensure follow up support for staff and dependents following critical events.
- In conjunction with the regional staff counselor and the Wellness Division, engage in the innovative Wellness Support Volunteer (WSV) Program on Wellness in the broadest sense of the term with a mandate to deliver tangible mechanisms to support staff;
- Support and maintain the existing Wellness Support Volunteers through supervision; disseminate training materials and related protocols.
- Identify and liaise with high quality local and regional mental health resources that can be used for referrals or in times of crisis.
- In the best interests of staff members and the organization work in a collegial and professional manner with all units in the Staff Wellness Division to ensure continuity of care.
- Work as a part of a team to ensure WFP divisional priorities are implemented consistent with the yearly divisional work plan and the Wellness Division Strategic Plan.
- Develop and participate in multidisciplinary programs in the Staff Wellness Division as well as Regional and Country Offices.
- Be proactive in building partnerships with but not limited to HR and security that support staff within the agency and with other agencies or relevant organizations.
- Contribute to the development of policies and guidelines, as well as written and visual materials to increase awareness regarding important themes and topics related to Staff Wellness.
- Complete administrative duties such as maintain statistics on activities and completing reporting requirements as per the requirement in the Staff Wellness Division.
- Work closely with the Regional Staff Counsellor in Dakar to coordinate on regional initiatives and provide support as required.
- Participate and collaborate in UNSSCG, CISMU activities and working groups.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards related to the provision of psychological services and adhere to the Wellness Division Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct.
- Perform other duties as required.
Advanced university degree i.e. Doctorate, Master or equivalent (recognized by https://www.whed.net/home.php) in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, Psychiatry, or demonstrably equivalent studies from a recognized institution.
The candidate must hold active licensure/registration as a mental health professional with a recognized governing association and be a member of that organization in good standing. Additional training or certification in a broad range of related fields, such as alcohol/substance abuse, resilience, cross-cultural communication, conflict resolution, mediation, trauma etc. will be an advantage
At least (5) years of progressively responsible professional post graduate experience relevant to the field is required. Experience either working in a hardship location or providing counselling services to staff working under very difficult and insecure environments is an asset.
Fluency (level C in reading, writing and speaking) in English and French. Knowledge of Portugues would be added advantage.
You have developed the following Knowledge & Skills
- Broad knowledge of all facets of the field of counselling and ability to provide an environment in which others can talk confidentially and act without fear or repercussions within a climate of established trust.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentations) including the ability to defend and explain difficult issues and positions to staff at all levels.
- Ability to identify clients’ needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients.
- Ability to contribute to the strategic vision of the Wellness division based on trends identified using a population health model.
- Must be an excellent team player and value working with a multidisciplinary and culturally diverse team.
- Very good working knowledge of technology tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Deadline for application: 20 February 2023.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : career5.successfactors.eu.
Laisser un Commentaire