Opportunités de carrière : Regional IT Officer for Regional Bureau Dakar P4 (105985)
Identifiant de la demande 105985 – Publié 13/08/2019 – Continuing – Africa, Western – Senegal – Dakar – Langue de travail (1) – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Technology and connectivity are rapidly reaching some of the most vulnerable people and places affected by crisis, but they are also increasingly expanding to the services responding to those same crises. As one of the main humanitarian actors, the World Food Programme (WFP) has the opportunity and the obligation to leverage data and technology to better know and serve those in need by digitally transforming the way it works. Such ambition led to a plan aimed at establishing, integrating, and mainstreaming the core elements of an end-to-end digital business process.
The Regional Bureau Dakar (RBD) is committed to enable end-to-end digital implementations across Country Offices (COs) as part of its efforts to increase efficiency, effectiveness and accountability. The vision is to incrementally achieve digital management of beneficiaries and cash-based transfer (CBT) and in-kind transfers, providing coordinated frameworks for access to data to enhance programme design, integration and implementation, by 2020.
This role will also ensure that the planning and design activities for deploying Digital Assistance Service (DAS) in prioritized operations in the region are carried out.
The Regional IT Officer will be based in RBD, to improve how we operate and support the Region’s digital transformation efforts and exploration of emerging technology. He/she will be expected to create a culture of customer excellence, disciplined execution and business engagement.
The incumbent will directly report to the Deputy Regional Director and functionally to the Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Director, Technology Division (TEC).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Strategically engage with the Country Offices in RBD, to effectively capture the demand emanating from operations, reconcile it with the systems of records developed and maintained by Headquarters (HQ).
2. Build partnerships and collaborate cross-functionally to align service activities with wider programmes and activities and ensure a coherent approach that enables efficient delivery of service.
3. Support Digital Assistance Services (DAS) scalability and ensure the availability of SCOPE services (see this video for further information about SCOPE: https://tiny.cc/wfpscope) in the Region.
4. Facilitate effective beneficiary and transfer data management.
5. Collaborate with the Digital Transformation Hub to shape COs demand and ensure the effective implementation of digital standards, guidance and processes.
6.Encourage and support change management processes in the Region to enable end-to-end digital implementations across COs.
7. Provide expert advice on data protection and ensure preventative and reactive IT Security Solutions, and cybersecurity procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and policies are in place.
8. Produce comprehensive reports to influence the leadership team on strategic directions and operational planning.
9.Raise awareness and build capacity in the areas of data applied to beneficiary management and partners and government engagements.
10. Identify the capabilities required in the Region for a successful delivery of the field services.
11. Foster a high performance, team-orientated and customer-centric focused culture.
12. Designates direction for RBD IT Infrastructure upgrade , and Business Continuity, Telephony and Audio/Video Conferencing, Servers/Application/Virtualization/Storage/Backup services in accordance with WFP corporate IT standards
13. Coordinate effective support from external contractors/partners and other UN agencies as necessary
14. Assist with IT contracts and budgets planning
15. Other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Fluency (level C) in English and French language.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to manage, coach and motivate diverse teams and deliver effectively through others to achieve results.
• Excellent resources management skills, with the ability to leverage external partnerships to optimize resources for WFP.
• High calibre negotiation and motivational skills, with the ability to influence at senior levels within and beyond the organisation.
• Ability to assimilate and analyze complex issues using independent judgment and anticipate potential strategic impact.
• Ability to create simple messages from complex data sets and present concisely, tailoring messages to the needs of the specific audience.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Eight years or more (of which three international) of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in IT.
• Experience of delivering IT services that align an organization’s vision, mission, objectives, strategy, business and user needs.
• Experience in managing and implementing digital solutions including data transfer mechanisms.
• Experience in the international humanitarian context and in emergencies is an asset.
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Sound knowledge of ITIL service principles, experienced supplier manager and focused on delivering CSI across production platforms and IT services
• Has managed large projects requiring innovative recommendations and approaches and has shown budget and time management.
• Has managed large and multicultural teams in complex environments, providing coaching, mentoring and trainings.
• Has built and developed strong relationships with internal and external partners to identify key business issues and identify new/improved IT solutions and services.
• Has shown to be consistent, to use data to influence and drive decisions and agile during urgent situations.
• Has shown to be open to challenges and to share experience and knowledge with team members and colleagues.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. These positions are rotational which means that the incumbent shall be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as non-rotational. Professional level positions are rotational on a period of 2 to 4 years, mobility is the essence of WFP.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31 August 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.