Location: Tubas and Ramallah with frequent travels in Hebron, Occupied Palestinian Territories
Job Title: Project Manager
Type of contract: 6 months (including 3 months as probation period)
Starting date: ASAP
Monthly gross salary range: To be defined according to the candidate’s profile
Application deadline: 13th of May 2020
Application procedure: Send your CV and Cover Letter applying here. Only preselected candidates will be contacted; the applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be awarded before the deadline.
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
The consolidation of the PA institutional infrastructure opens to foster democratic participation of civil society, through the improvement of representative processes and the implementation of specific effective tools to promote dialogue. These criteria, together with the empowerment of vulnerable communities and people, should lead any kind of intervention, preparing both decentralized institution and civil society to better advocate for a final recognition of Palestinian statehood.
WeWorld-GVC focuses strategically on these main sectors:
- Local Development and Governance
- Integrate Water Resource Management
- LRRD: Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development
- Integrated Protection
Gender mainstream, special attention to vulnerable categories, community-based approach and good governance are cross-cutting issues included in all WeWorld-GVC interventions.
WeWorld-GVC is recruiting a Project Manager who will be primarily involved in the management of AICS-funded development projects, and will support WeWorld-GVC oPt with other assignments depending on the necessity.
He/She will report to the Head of Operations and work in coordination with Head of Programs, Area Managers, Finance Manager and Administrative officers, and Country Representative.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible of all aspects of finance, administrative, human resource and logistics management related to the supervised projects, ensuring knowledge of and adherence to applicable operational systems, donor requirements and WeWorld-GVC country strategy
- Prepare and follow up comprehensive M&E plan for the supervised projects, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frames of the project proposals
- Represent WeWorld-GVC at relevant meetings with partners and projects stakeholders, reporting back as applicable to Head of Operations, Head of Programs and Country Representative
- Responsible for the development of project work plans and budgets (financial plans)
- Ensure effective coordination, timely and quality implementation and monitoring of project activities to meet deliverables in accordance with standards, time line, and budget
- Assist the Head of Programs or Country Representative with the identification and design of future projects
- Conduct needs assessments in areas identified by the HoO and/or HoP
- Ensure budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations and within the appropriate timeframe, updating the Head of Operations of the financial status of the projects
- Highlight and bring to the attention of HoO/HoP/CR good practices and opportunities raising from the implementation of the supervised projects
- Collaborate effectively with Area Managers to ensure smooth implementation of the projects’ activities and coordination of field work
- Work closely with the HoO in establishing and maintaining collaborative and high performing team and a good working environment
- Work closely with the HoO to develop and build an effective team
- In collaboration with Area Managers, develop and implement constant monitoring systems to improve follow up, transparency and to ensure the best use of WeWorld-GVC assets and resources
- Make sure project activities and reports are delivered in time and with the best quality
- Support preparation of documents and agenda during field visits and at other relevant projects’ milestones
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of annual reports as well as interim reports as required by donors
Perform any other duty as requested by the line manager and Country Representative.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management
- Good knowledge of main donors’ policy and procedures (in particular EuropeAid and AICS)
- Good verbal and written communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Fluency in English and Italian, both written and verbal
- Valid and clean driving license
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant working experience in project management
- Experience in Project Development and proposal writing
- Experience in Project Cycle Management
- Proven experience in coordinating and manage relationships with international and local partner organizations and donors
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Precision and meticulousness
- Problem-solver approach with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and creating efficiencies
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Demonstrates integrity with regards to NGO values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Previous experience in Middle East countries would be considered an asset
- Previous work experience with international NGOs will be preferred
- Previous experience in advocacy will be preferred