Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 International Expert Resilience*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Niamey, Niger.
As International Expert Resilience you will manage and implement a complex project based on the specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The project responds to urgent basic needs through the construction / rehabilitation of socio-community infrastructure, access to basic social services (water, health, education), while ensuring development capacity building, through food security activities, nutrition, livelihoods and professional training. The aim is to create employment opportunities and strengthen the local economic fabric, while building the capacity of local actors and supporting innovative solutions, particularly in the field of agriculture. You will be responsible for the coordination, planning and operative implementation of the project while ensuring an appropriate use of funds as well as a correctly and duty reporting to Welthungerhilfe’s Country Office and donors. The position will require frequent travels and long term field team support in the office in Diffa.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donors and Welthungerhilfe
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (Monitoring, Logistics, Finance administration, etc.)
- Coordinating with Consortium partners
- Responsibility for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget
- Supporting the identification of co-financing opportunities to be pursued and ensuring the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Representing the project in sector meetings and other forums
- Reporting to the Country Director and Head of Programme on the progress of the project and all risks associated with the project work
- Managing staff according to Welthungerhilfe principles, staff policies and Welthungerhilfe strategy
- Responsibility for the implementation and the monitoring of the security management system of Welthungerhilfe in the project area
- Representing Welthungerhilfe in project region vis-à-vis relevant regional and local authorities and expand network with relevant stakeholders
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Project management, Business Administration, Management or Agriculture
- At least 5 years of project management experience in complex multi-sectoral food security and nutrition programmes and the ability to lead teams remotely
- Experience and outstanding skills in programme design, developing proposals, reporting, M&E documents, work-plans, budgets and other project documents
- Experience working in consortium
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with international donor funding especially with European Union
- Willingness to travel to the field and overnight at field sites with various levels of privation
- Professional proficiency in French and English (verbal and written)
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 17, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, religion, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.