Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Head of Project – Durable Solutions in Darfur*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be El Fasher, Sudan.
The project in North Darfur integrates the rehabilitation of water infrastructure with rural livelihood development to promote durable solutions for internally displaced people and their communities to support return and economic recovery in North Darfur (Sudan). As Head of Project, you will be responsible for the coordination, planning and operative implementation of the project while ensuring financial compliance and high-quality reporting to Welthungerhilfe’s Country Office in Khartoum and to donors.
- Carry out the project planning, implementation, monitoring and the project’s financial control
- Ensure that all project relevant support (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.) is in place
- Compile job specifications and initiate tendering procedures in line with Welthungerhilfe’s rules and regulations
- Manage contractors, consultants, staff members and civil society partners engaged in project activities
- Oversee component cash transfers within the project (cash for work, seed fairs)
- Ensure the project runs smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
- Liaise with government authorities, line ministries, UN, INGOs and national NGOs and represent Welthungerhilfe in relevant fora/clusters at state and national level and within the humanitarian community
- A university or polytechnic degree in agriculture, engineering, social sciences. or other relevant subject area
- A minimum of 5 years of project and management experience in carrying out projects in a transitional context
- Broad experience with agricultural development for agro pastoralists and natural resource management (NRM)
- Some experience in managing or overseeing construction of water infrastructure (boreholes, shallow wells, earthen dams, etc) and creating linkages to agricultural livelihoods
- Good understanding of compliance with legal requirements related to constructions, especially health and safety
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- A high level of resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English; German and/or Arabic language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 6, 2022 by following this link. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.