The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
As Head of Project you will be managing a BMZ funded project focusing on the sustainable improvement of food security and the living standards of the population in urban areas of the Ombella-Mpoko prefecture. Through this project you will contribute to the revival of agricultural production in the target areas and enable the beneficiaries to earn a living for themselves and their families.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the donors and Welthungerhilfe
- Preparing key project documents, e.g. operation plan, M&E plan, quarterly internal reports and reports to donors
- Managing the project team and all activities related to the project
- Develop support plans and strategies aimed at improving the capacity of farmers’ groups and cooperatives
- Develop and propose techniques to improve irrigation systems in order to increase the production of rice in particularly
- Implementing appropriate teaching and learning strategies, orientation mechanisms and lesson/work plans to communicate contents to the target groups
- Propose strategies towards organisational development of target groups and beneficiaries
- Ensuring that all relevant infrastructure is in place
- Establishing good working relationships with donors, ministries, communities and other stakeholders
- A university or polytechnic degree in the field of Agriculture
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex projects from different sectors (education and agriculture)
- Experience in irrigation and other agronomic subjects and sectors of intervention
- BMZ Donor experience would be an advantage
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Hands on mentality
- Excellent spoken and written French, knowledge of English and German would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 19, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.