Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Head of Programmes
Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Programmes – Niger (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Niamey, Niger. Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required.
As Head of Programmes you will be responsible for the development of the multiannual country programme and its implementation and monitoring in order to maximise Welthungerhilfes impact on the basis of Welthungerhilfe strategy and quality standards.
• Develop and implement programmes and projects and further develop the concept of Welthungerhilfe’s intervention in Niger in close coordination with the Country Director
• Integrate all project ideas, project documents and concept papers into the respective information and management systems
• Identify lessons learnt from programmes and projects and ensure networking on best practice and lessons learnt with Head Office
• Manage and coordinate concept and proposal development process with key internal stakeholders and relevant partners
• Assist in updating capacity statements for key sectors
• Work closely together with the logistics and finance Departments to ensure compliance of donor requirements
• A university or polytechnic degree in International Development, Economics, Management, Agriculture or Business Administration or an equivalent degree related to the position
• A Qualification in the field of development and emergency aid or other relevant qualification
• A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
• Good knowledge program design, developing proposals, reporting, M&E documents, work-plans, budgets and other project documents
• Good knowledge of planning and survey methods (incl. M&E), grant acquisition and institutional donor relations
• Experience with major donors (USAID, DfID, EU, ECHO, BMZ, German Foreign Office)
• Very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
• A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
• Professional proficiency in French and English (verbal and written), German language skills will be an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. The job description can be sent to you in case of interest.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 30, 2019. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.