Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Country Director – Mali*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bamako, Mali.
As Country Director in Mali you are responsible for managing the impact oriented Welthungerhilfe country programme, which has a focus on Agriculture, Nutrition, Economic Development, WASH and Humanitarian Assistance. In your decisions you take into consideration the overall Welthungerhilfe strategy and mandate and ensure adherence to Welthungerhilfe quality standards. This will require a professional and experienced approach towards structures and processes, strategic programming and human resources management.
In addition, you will be responsible for sound financial management of the allocated funds as well as for the acquisition of additional funding through donor diversification. Project implementation is constantly endangered by a tight security situation and a constantly changing context. As teamleader of the national and expatriate staff members, you are expected to take over responsibility for security management to assure the safety and security of your employees.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the multiannual country programme and the acquisition of donor funds.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate programme activities with local decision-makers, partner organisations and other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the country.
- Ensure efficient and reliable structures and processes that reflect decentralization and which allow to facilitate, coordinate and improve project implementation.
- Maintenance and expansion of cooperation with national and international partners.
- Responsibility for expatriate and national project staff, and in particular responsibility for compliance with local security regulations.
- Elaborate and ensure a preparedness plan for disasters and potential crises on the basis of country specific situation.
- Observe, analyze and report on relevant trends in the programme country and the neighboring areas.
- Regular exchange of information with the Head Office in Bonn and other Country Offices.
- A university or polytechnic degree in international development, international management, rural development, agricultural sciences or a comparable level of qualification.
- At least 10 years of project management experience and relevant leadership experience in international humanitarian aid and development cooperation, preferably in the region.
- Relevant knowledge of German, European and UN donor environment.
- Excellent HR Management skills, ability to work in a multinational team, and intercultural sensibility.
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload.
- Experience in security/crisis management.
- Experience working with partner organizations.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both spoken and written, proficiency in German would be an advantage.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 8, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.