Vacancy Announcement n° WCAR0/001/2019
Title of the post: Individual Consultant Data Science
Official Job Title: Data Science Consultant
Type of contract: Individual National Consultant
Duration: 10 months
Deadline: 22 February 2019
Duty station: Regional Office for West & Central Africa – Dakar, Senegal
Purpose of consultancy:
The objective of the consultancy is to create an alert system to: 1) help UNFPA WCARO better identify bottlenecks to programme delivery; and 2) accelerate the delivery of key interventions in the region Mine promoting a culture of swift delivery of results.
Scope of work:
– Integrate multiple UNFPA reporting systems and create a dashboard using innovative data visualization methods such as Power BI.
– Perform analytics on key management and programme indicators and create a real time alert system for the Regional Office and for Country Offices decision making processes.
– Identify patterns and relations among various UNFPA dashboards and systems and help discover new insights that will help Country Offices and Regional Offices deliver, and/or that UNFPA can utili2e at global level for improvement.
– Analyze and model structured data from multiple systems using statistical methods to make predictions related to operations and programmes.
– Train staff on .the use of the new tools.
– May need to collaborate with other database Analysts at UNFPA HEC and in the field.
The consultant will be required to submit a short proposal (maximum 4 pages) and samples of his own work on visualization techniques and alert systems before being considered in competition.
Duration and working schedule; 25 February to 31 December 2019.
place where services are to be delivered:
Dakar, Senegal and West and Central Africa Countries.
Delivery dates and how work will be delivered (e.g. electronic, hard copy etc.): Every month. Details will be outlined in the Consultant’s Workplan.
All submissions will be done electronically. Hard copies may be required in some cases.
Supervisory arrangements :
The Consultant wilt be supervised by the. Senior Delivery Advisor, Programme and operations.
May be required to travel, in some of the countries covered by UNFPA WCARO.
Fluency in both French and English.
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
• Graduate degree in data science, computer science or statistics.
• Seven years of relevant experience.
• Advanced analytical skips including strong mathernatics, statistics and programming Ability to conceptualize and build complex data systems.
• French and English language fluency.
• Ability to provide training and orientation to colleagues.
• Up to date applied knowledge of data science and. latest data visualization techniques, including Power BI.
• Strong commitment to data quality.
• Achieving results,
• Being accountable,
• Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
• Thinking analytically and strategically,
• Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
• Communicating for impact.
Applications including detailed CV, duly filled P11 form, certified copies of academic certificates and cover letter should be sent to the email address at latest 22 February 2019:
Only shortlisted. candidates will be contacted. No application fez is required at UNFPA.