|Wave Senegal recruits 01 Agent Liquidity Operations Manager|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||31 Janvier 2021|
Description de l’offre
Agent Liquidity Operations Manager
at Wave Senegal
The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account.
That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards.
Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress.
Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always function, we’re creating financial infrastructure that « just works. » In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments; our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
At Wave, a Liquidity Operations Manager will involve:
Reporting to the Agent Liquidity Regional Lead, the role holder will oversee all Wave agent network liquidity needs for the assigned region and liaising with the respective people for attainment of the set targets in the region. The main goal is to provide our agent network the best experience ever. To do so, below are the highlighted missions:
• Monitor the cash / e-float availability at agent’s
• Report useful insights in the defined area to include on premium forecasts
• Coordinate with premium agent officers and premium agent assistants on their daily tasks and need
• Support the master agents singleton on their needs of reimbursement
• Draw their behavior of request of reimbursement to prepare adequate forecasts for master agents
• Follow-up audits and monitor that they are performed on a daily basis and properly
• Ensure that all premium agents’ balance are reported at the cash house ID at the end of the day
• Assist the premium agent officers/super agents to ensure that requested job is completed by providing the adequate support needed
• Report any relevant findings/risk to the agent operation lead
• Any ad-hoc task requested by your Agent Liquidity Regional Lead
• Primarily based in Dakar with travel throughout the country
• You must have work authorization in Senegal
• This is a permanent position.
• Speak French fluently.
• Fluent in English – this role will interact regularly with English speakers.
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience specifically managing an agent network in Senegal, including minimum 1 years’ of experience managing field-based teams
• Must have worked and overseen agent network activities in the regions dedicated
You might be a good fit if you
• You’ve previously led, managed and motivated a team to achieve challenging tasks
• You’re relentless when pursuing your work and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
• An office job bores you and you are excited about in the field and being hands on
• You’re very detail oriented and enjoy studying excel sheets or have used SQL
• You have developed systems and trainings, as well as implemented them in the field
• You have worked in cash collection or recovery, and are adept at negotiating
• You always seek to improve yourself through honest self-reflection
• Are a clear and proactive communicator, able to independently follow through on tasks and able to manage team priorities effectively
• Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
• We are a distributed team and you’ll work with a good number of remote, Senegal based and Cote d’Ivoire based team members . All of those people are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
• We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role here, as well as responding to the questions below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|