Wave recrute 01 spécialiste principal de la paie mondiale
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
As our Senior Global Payroll Specialist, you will be a part of the HR Systems & Mobility team and will focus on making Wave’s global payroll practice seamless.
In the role, you’ll:
- Responsible for accurate and timely payrolls for all countries in compliance with local tax and labor regulations, including variable pay, stock, or other supplemental or non-recurring pay runs, and ensuring timely tax deposits
- Support internal/external payroll audits.
- Manage relationships with external payroll providers in all European and North American locations.
- Launch new payroll locations
- Develop, drive and report on key metrics for the function with guidance from the payroll Manager
- Support management on ad hoc and growth-oriented projects such as scalability initiatives.
- Employees in remote positions at Wave can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -8 and +4) with reliable internet access in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium, Poland, Spain, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Uganda, Kenya, or Ghana.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula.
- We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and beautiful office space.
- 5 years experience in payroll management
- 2+ years experience, managing UK payroll
- Detail Driven.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong analytical skills and flux analysis on PL and BS
- Experience with major payroll software such as Workday, ADP Workforce Now, ADP Smart Tax Compliance, Ceridian or UltiPro
- Versed in current payroll procedures and related laws
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, in addition to strong problem-solving skills
- Resourceful, innovative, with a can-do attitude and attention to detail
Bonus points if you have
- A GMS Certificate or CPP
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA
- Experience using BambooHR or Payslip
- Speak French
You might be a good fit if you
- You know the value of a great payroll experience and are eager to help employees get started.
- Are very organized and detail-oriented – you like to roll up your sleeves and get into the nitty-gritty. You’re the type that always looks at rounding errors.
- Are driven to face tasks head-on, complete them efficiently, and move on to the next ones.
- Are eager to think outside of the box when faced with potential roadblocks.
- You’re eager to leverage both internal and external data to inform your decision-making.
- You believe in iteration, and work to improve processes.
- Are tech-savvy and feel comfortable troubleshooting tech issues.
- Have previously worked for a remote company and enjoy working independently and within a team
- GMS Certificate or CPP, degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA, experience using BambooHR as an added value
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Optional: Please feel free to add a cover letter or note if there is anything additional that you would like to share about your interest in Wave/the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : www.wave.com.