Wave recrute 01 Receivables Officer
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we’re enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that’s where you come in…
We’re looking for a Junior Receivables Assistant in Dakar/Senegal who is resourceful and excited about getting things done. As a Receivables assistant, you will help us maintain close communication between business and treasury to maintain the operations at a standard
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for making sure that all partners and bulk companies are funded in due time and assure that the follow-up is thoroughly done.
- Daily reconciliation of partner fundings
- Follow-Up of Bulk Fundings
- Validation of Fundings on timely manner
- Reconciliation of Partner fundings
- Verification of validity of account discrepancies
- Daily reporting of fundings
- Assist Treasury team in maintaining client satisfaction
- Location is primarily Dakar with no travel
- Strong proficiency in English and French
- Primary degree in banking, finance, accounting or similar field
- At least 1 year’s experience in a comparable position
Preferable aptitude and qualities
- You have knowledge of and experience in basic book keeping or accounting skills.
- Are comfortable with technology, including using google sheets, excel etc…
- Good with maths and numbers
- You’re highly detail oriented
- You’re self-motivated, enthusiastic and team oriented
- We’re a team of 300+ Senegalese, 100+ Ivorian and 60+ remote people who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.