Wave recrute 01 Product Operations Support
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments.
In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that’s where you come in…..
How you’ll help us achieve it
The integration team’s mission is to integrate all the Bill pay our users want as soon as possible in the apps (Customer, agent, business) and maintain them. In detail, we should keep payments as reliable/available as possible, ensure our business accounts are funded, and build a good relationship with our partners.
We’re looking for someone based in Senegal who is resourceful, determined, tenacious, diligent, and excited about getting things done.
In this role, you’ll
- Manage operationally escalated cases by Support Teams.
- Interpret information about a user.
- Interpret Periscope Charts.
- Make collections, forecast, and follow them up until their effectiveness.
- Have Clear Communication with users regarding the issues/claims/outages.
- Escalate cases/Claims/Outages to the partners.
- Communicate clearly with the team’s support and the rest of the product team (verbally and in writing).
- Ship announcements with simple subject matter for public consumption with strict supervision.
- Effectively write and ship most announcements with final supervision needed.
- Be a very organized person (keeps good notes and communicates effectively on Slack and Quip).
- Be multitask (can do many tasks simultaneously: being on duty, treating bugs, claims, requests addressed to integrations Ops, interacting with other departments for their needs).
- Communicate precise requirements clearly to the eng team without product manager intervention (persuasive, can convince).
- Location: Dakar, Senegal.
- This is a permanent position.
- Work authorization in Senegal is required.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for over six months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and four weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now – we subsidize gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and a beautiful office space.
- Fluency in English, French, and local languages.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a comparable position (Customer Service, Back Office).
- Basic technical knowledge & sense of prioritization.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
You might be a good fit if you
- Having competence in SQL is a bonus but not required.
- Love solving problems for our awesome customers.
- Worked in a Bank / Financial Institute / Telcos.
- Have relationships and an established network of contacts to help achieve business goals.
- Are seeking to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Have a mobile wallet or money transfer background.
- Are an excellent listener who makes other people feel heard.
- Can also teach others to communicate effectively.
- Have a sense of responsibility and can take the initiative.
- Have Team spirit and good work organization.
- Have the Ability to deeply understand and succinctly communicate users’ needs to lead and the rest of the product team.
- Are autonomous (people who can work under pressure and are able to own a part of the processes of the tasks).
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors, including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Please add a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
Wave is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : www.wave.com.