Wave hiring Data Analytics Lead who will be focused on leading the analysts across the organization and thinking about how data should be organised for analysts’ benefit. This role reports to Head of Data.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as functional lead for all data analysts at Wave. Data analysts reside on separate teams and report primarily to their product manager, but will “dotted line” report to the head of data analysis.
- Maintain quality and velocity of data analysis work across the company
- Manage hiring process for data analysis roles, including hiring planning and interviews
- Think from first principles about how data analysts can be more effective. Prioritize centralized data-organization work to achieve this goal.
- Understand company strategy enough to effectively triage and prioritize data requests from across the organization
- Be a strong individual contributor at data analysis. Has good data instincts. Has SQL expertise — can craft well-structured and efficient SQL queries on their own, and review and maintain others’ SQL to a high quality standard
- Empower teams to solve their own data related problems wherever possible (probably owning and maintaining our Looker infrastructure, and mentoring leads across the company to answer more questions on their own)
- May in the future also lead centralized data analysis/data science work
- Remote positions and can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -8 and +4) with reliable internet access in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium, Poland, Spain, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Uganda, Kenya, or Ghana
- Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula. For this role, we are offering an annual gross salary range of $126,900 -$187,000 and depending on your level and location
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country to country)
- 6 months fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Has led a small team of data analysts at a high-growth company, or a larger team at a bigger company
- Strong analytical thinking and experience extracting insights using a statistical approach
- Expert in SQL-based data analysis.
- Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc.)
- Experience working and collaborating with engineering, management and non-technical teams