Wave recruits 03 Business Account Supervisor
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we’re enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Merchant Account Supervisor who’s resourceful, determined, tenacious, diligent and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for managing the roll-out of merchant products and supervising merchant activities throughout our field locations as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role, you’ll
- Support the merchant strategy in specific locations within Senegal and ensure activities align with quarterly objectives
- Support in growing our operational activities – figuring out how we grow our merchant customer base day after day
- Support in hiring, training and managing merchant team members
- Onboarding merchants and ensuring they understand how to use the product
- Monitoring merchants portfolio and performances
- Contacting and visiting merchants regularly and especially when their volume of activity drops
- Processing merchants settlements and requests
- Talking to users — interview people about their needs and problems with regards to payment merchant and financial services
- Increasing update of the merchant product by Wave users
- Ensuring quality service for all users of Wave’s merchant product
- Reporting bugs detected to engineers
- Working closely with New accounts, Product, Growth, Support and Agent Management teams for merchant
- Coordinating with Marketing team the implementation of promotions, events and BTL activities at merchants
- Working on flexible hours, on weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required
- Writing daily notes about activities
- Location is within Senegal, region varies
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- This is a permanent contract with 2 months probation
- Fluent in French and Wolof
- Strong oral and written skills
- Previous experience conducting field-related merchant activities, including acquiring and onboarding merchants
- Previous experience supporting customer
- Proficiency with computer & android phones
You might be a good fit if you
- Are proficient in English
- Have a strong knowledge of merchant ecosystem
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are client-oriented and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Are a diplomatic speaker
- Have team work spirit
- Are self-motivating with a focus on self-improvement
- We are a continuously growing team of Senegalese, Ivorian, Ugandan and Remote team members, who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the co founders of PayPal.
How to apply
Upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Closing date : 30 June 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.wave.com.