Wave recruits 01 Master Agent Corporate Supervisor, Dakar, Senegal
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Master Agent Corporate Supervisor in our Agent Operations team, who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for the Master agent corporate network and responsible for the admin team to help with all requests and projects related to the Master Corporate.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be in charge of the management of the Master Corporate agent
- Lead the corporate agent team to develop a sustainable corporate agent network.
- Be the main contact person for all corporate agent issues.
- Create and manage a roll-out plan for our corporate partners.
- Deployment and monitoring of corporate partners’ activities
- Ensure the activation and training of corporate agents
- Oversee the development of Corporate Agents and ensure the quality of Corporate Agents
- Lead and execute all projects related to corporate agent
- Liaise with our engineering team for all requests related to the portal and tools needed
- Position based at the head office helping to support agents and field teams managing many agents
- You must have work authorization in Senegal
- This is a permanent position
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong oral, written, and computer skills
- English is a plus as this role may interact regularly with non-French speakers.
- You might be a good fit if you
- Are diplomatic and have excellent communication skills
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
- Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date : 15 December 2021.Postuler