The problem: In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason — the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and most merchants only accept cash. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
How we’re solving it: We’re building financial services to work as they should: no account fees, instantly available and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always function, we’re creating financial infrastructure that « just works. » In fall 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. That’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Marketing operations coordinator for Senegal who’s creative, resourceful and has experience in executing below the line marketing strategies at major FMCG companies within African markets. You’ll be responsible for coordinating the day to day operations of our marketing activities in Senegal as we rapidly scale our business and help us maintain desirable user growth and agent activation rates.
In this role you’ll:
– Mobilize pertinent customers/distributors activation resources to build successful growth driving strategies,
– Collaborate with field sales and agent management teams to implement marketing strategies
– Manage day to day logistics of marketing operations: roadshows, events etc.
– Be responsible for our agent network visibility and the production of various marketing materials
– Measure and report marketing impact by tracking relevant metrics
– Manage partnerships and negociate suppliers contracts
– Location: You’ll work from our office in Dakar with frequent travel or temporary relocation to field locations within Senegal.
– You must have work authorization in Senegal.
– This is a permanent position.
– Fluent in English – this role will interact regularly with non-French/non-Wolof speakers, and reporting will be done primarily in English.
– Speak and write both French and Wolof fluently.
– At least 3 years of relevant work experience at a telecom, payment service provider, FMCG or financial institution.
You might be a good fit if you
– Have planned and successfully managed marketing operations.
– Have excellent communication skills
– Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
– Enjoy owning projects – you’re autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
– Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
– Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
– Think about culture and process from the users’ perspective.
How to apply
If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role here. Please also respond to the questions below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.