Wave recruits 01 Head of Security
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Head of Security who is resourceful and excited about getting things done.You’ll be responsible for evaluating and identifying the level of security risk associated with Wave’s operations.
In this role, you’ll
- Prioritize the design, development, and implementation of policies and procedures to address operational threats.
- Effectively manage firms providing security services for Wave premises and Cash-in-Transit operations.
- Maintain strong relations and cooperation with local law enforcement agencies, civil authorities and other relevant agencies and key stakeholders.
- Monitor security-related events across the Country and communicate important updates to the rest of the team.
- Provide security briefings and training to Wave staff including coordination of Fire Drills with the Police or Private Firm appointed.
- Respond to staff queries on security issues and provide immediate assistance as required.
Cash security includes:
- Determine the vulnerabilities of our cash management procedures and implement required improvements.
- Investigate and escalate issues and take action upon detection of any suspicious activity.
- Monitor CCTVs and escalate any suspicious activity identified.
- Actively participate in any money loss investigations or any investigations related to cash management.
- Other duties may be assigned as the business may require.
In this role, you’ll be expected to :
- Write and review policies and procedures related to operations security
- Represent Wave’s interests at police and in case of litigation with partners
- Manage day-to-day communication with the law and security firms
- Provide appropriate guidelines with respect to security checklists for office, field operations, agents etc
- Write and review all security firms legal documents
- Provide professional security advice regarding specific cases
- Setting up a security watch for the company’s activity
- Location is primarily in Dakar with possible short-term relocation within the country
- Work authorization in Senegal is required.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- A degree or equivalent from a recognized law school or security training institution
- At least 5-7 years experience in different sectors such as Embassy, Ngo’s, Hotel groups, etc
- Experience in representing a company in their interactions with the police
- Excessively detail-oriented and seeking to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Very strong on integrity and upholding the law
- Capacity to anticipate adverse conditions that may impact security
- Very strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented with accurate, clear security approach
You might be a good fit if you
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, you are able to independently follow through on tasks and can manage priorities effectively
- You like teamwork, but you also know how to work well independently
- You are adept at negotiating especially in challenging situations
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Experience in an international company and law enforcement teams as and added value
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
- Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date : 3 February 2022.Postuler