Wartsila hires 01 Plant technician / Mechanic
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 15 Aout 2017
Description de l’offre
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and energy solutions of its customers. In 2016, Wasilla’s net sales totaled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
We are now looking for new team members to join our Contract Management team in West Africa Operations.
Application deadline 2017-08-15
Position description Main Responsibilities:
– Responsible for economical and safe operations and maintenance of the plant during the designated shift. To comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out.
– Responsible for maintaining the machines and auxiliary
equipment in good conditions of cleanliness, take the necessary
steps for the prevention and correction of the found
– Reconditioning of engine components, overhaul of engine
– Be able to isolate and prepare for the stopping and starting of
engines, be able to resolve possible flaws that occurs during the
starting and stopping.
– Carry out corrective inspections of all mechanical, pneumatic
and electrical equipment and supervision of the engines.
– Reset alarmed equipment on plant panels, be able to identify
the alarms which occurred in the electric panels and equipment
protection and to correct all abnormalities that occur in these
– Be able to assemble and disassemble completely and clean
internal components of the lubricating oil and heavy oil
separators, be able to identify abnormalities that occur in these
referred separators, presenting probable solutions.
– Be able to start the engines engines and to synchronize them
and present immediate solutions of protection of the equipment in
cases of possible flaws.
– Be able to identify and locate all existing sensors and
transmitters of pressure and temperature of the engines and their
auxiliary equipment, knowing how to test them and to substitute
them if necessary.
– Be able to identify and correct abnormalities that occur to the
excitation systems of the engines as well as the test the
protection and supervision equipment of these excitation systems.
– Maintenance of machine tools, fixtures, cutting tools and hand
– Sub assembly work
– Reporting of the work
– To clean and keep the working area in good order
– Proposals for spare parts order stock, stock keeping and
inventory making, arranging of arriving goods
Cost awareness & effectiveness
Wärtsilä quality, safety, environment skills
Charge air system
Compressed air systems
Cooling water systems
Emission reduction systems
Exhaust gas systems
Injection support systems
Lubricating oil systems
Sludge reduction systems (Effluent handling system)
Engine knowledge, MS
Trouble shooting, mechanical
Measurement equipment, mechanical
Technical drawings and flow charts
Equipment / plant condition & efficiency monitoring and control
Degree/Diploma in related filed. Hands on experience on Caterpillar, MAK, MTU Engines.
Mixed experience with Wartsila engines is an added advantage.
Contact person to give further information at the following mail:
Country West Africa
Job area Contract Delivery
Coordonnées de l’offre