Voice’s Empowering the Unheard: Philippines Empowerment Grant Program
Deadline: 15 May 2019
Voice is currently accepting proposals for its “Empowering the Unheard: Philippines Empowerment Grant” to raise awareness, develop transformative leadership, build confidence and skills, and work against stigmatisation of marginalised and discriminated groups.
This is a small-scale grant with at least a one-year timeframe, accessible for informal groups through partnering with registered/accredited organisations and registered grassroots organisations.
Empowerment grants are available from €5,000 to €25,000 or approximately ₱265,000 to ₱1,300,000, with a timeframe of 12 months.
Kind of Projects
Voice accepts proposals that work towards:
- Increasing access to productive resources (finance, land and water) and employment.
- Increasing access to social services, health and education in particular.
- Strengthened space for political participation.
Kind of Activities
Applicants are particularly recommended to integrate any of the following in their proposals:
- Organising the sectors/groups, especially women facing exploitation and abuse and/or violence, LBTQI groups, persons with disabilities and age-discriminated and vulnerable groups.
- Capacity development of small organisations and their members.
- Awareness raising and education of families and communities.
- Promotion of positive image of the marginalised sectors.
- Informal groups through partnering with registered/accredited organisations
- Small organisations with legal registration/local permit or accreditation and a bank account under the applicant’s name.
- All applicants should be led and represented by at least one of the Voice target groups:
- Persons with disability
- Age-discriminated groups, notably the children/youth and the elderly
- LGBTQI+ community
- Indigenous peoples
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and violence
- An organisation (formal/informal) is target-led when it is governed and managed by members of the target-group(s). The principle of “Nothing About Us Without Us” guides their work. If the target-group(s) do not play roles in the governance and management of the organisation, the proposal needs to describe how the target-groups are fully involved in the conceptualisation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the project.
- International organisations cannot be a lead applicant but can team up as a co-applicant in the case of consortium applications.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via the given website.
Eligible Country: Philippines
For more information, please visit https://voice.global/call-for-proposal/empowering-the-unheard-philippines-empowerment-grant-v-19105-ph-em/