Voice: Seeking Proposals for Philippines Influencing Grants
Deadline: 7 September 2018
Are you an organisation that is led by one of Voice’s target groups? Do you want to encourage policy change and/or change perceptions amongst people and governments in your region towards your target group? Do you want to try innovative and new ways to influence nationally? If you said yes to any of the questions above, then apply for Philippines Influencing Grants!
The Influencing grants is targeting organisations and networks to strengthen their influencing, lobby and advocacy capacities and amplify voice of marginalised and discriminated groups.
Voice accept proposals for projects spanning a 18 – 36 months. Influencing grants that are country specific are available from €25,000 to €200,000 (approx. ₱1,300,000 to ₱10,600,000).
- Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
- Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
- People living with disabilities
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
Based on the results of the first cycle of the Influencing Grant, Voice offers tips for interested applicants:
- Prioritise the key issues to be addressed by the project. These should be directly linked to the needs of the target groups, and contextualised to the situation of the target areas.
- Describe how the target groups will meaningfully engage in the project. Advocacy efforts are more effective when driven or demanded by the target groups themselves. Voice follows the principle of nothing about us without us.
- Demonstrate the likelihood of achieving the project goals and objectives by providing a strong link to the identified strategies and activities. Long-term projection is also encouraged, but it is important to show what is achievable within the identified project duration. Use SMART indicators.
- Articulate clearly applicant’s previous efforts related to the project (direct or indirect). This is necessary in showing applicant’s commitment in achieving the project goals.
- Integrate innovative approaches and methodologies. Voice promotes and supports effective solutions to address current social issues. Applicants are challenged to assess whether the proposed strategies are business as usual or actually breakthrough solutions.
- Indicate how applicants will document their progress and what applicants are learning along the way. Applicants are highly encouraged to be creative and apply different media (e.g. video, podcasts, blogs, social media, etc.) to tell their stories.
How to Apply
Take the eligibility test available on the given website.
Eligible Country: Philippines
For more information, please visit Philippines Influencing Grants.