Voice Call for Proposals: Philippines Sudden Opportunity Grants
Deadline: 31 December 2018
Has there been an unanticipated closure or widening of civic space that needs a timely response? Is there a time-bound opportunity to influence policy on criminalisation, marginalisation, discrimination, and/or exclusion? Is there a consensus among a consortium/ civil society network for a strategic action? If you answered yes to the questions above, then apply for Philippines Sudden Opportunity Grants!
Voice accept proposals spanning 6 months to a maximum of 1 year, ranging from €5,000 to €200,000 (approx. ₱265,000 to ₱10,600,000).
Sudden opportunities can vary greatly, depending on the situation. They can however, be described through the common elements they share.
- Sudden: These are unexpected moments, which happen without any warning. They could be a policy direction change for the government, a shift in public opinion, or a new court ruling with deep policy implications.
- Collective Action: These unexpected moments require collective action. They require a response not just from one group but from several organizations such as a coalition, a consortium, or a network.
- Immediate: These unexpected moments require immediate action. They temporarily create the right set of circumstances for making a change possible. The moment will eventually pass and the opportunity to make a change is lost.
- Impact on Target Groups: These unexpected moments have to greatly impact at least one or more of Voice the target groups. They need to be involved in the collective action being proposed.
- National Scope: These unexpected moments are national in scope. The impacts are not restricted to specific regions, provinces, or areas.
- People with disabilities
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans-gender, intersex (LGBTI)
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- Age discriminated vulnerable groups notably the young and elderly
- Indigenous people and ethnic minorities
How to Apply
Take the eligibility test available on the given website.
Eligible Country: Philippines
For more information, please visit Philippines Sudden Opportunity Grants.