Voice Call for Proposals: Philippines Innovate and Learn Grants Program
Deadline: 7 September 2018
Do you have an innovative idea to address the marginalisation and discrimination experienced by Voice target groups? Do you want to learn if this innovation is effective and can be scaled-up? Do you see an opportunity where new ideas and approaches can be leveraged to meet the challenges faced by your community? If you said yes to any of the questions above, then apply for the Philippines Innovate and Learn Grants!
This is intended for groups, organisations, networks, and consortia to test and scale new approaches.
Voice accept proposals for projects spanning a maximum of 2 years, ranging from €5,000 to €200,000 (approx. ₱265,000 to ₱10,600,000).
Priority will be given to applications that work with:
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and violence;
- LGBTQI groups; and
- Persons with disability
- Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
- Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
- People living with disabilities
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
Based on the results of the previous Innovate and Learn Grants, Voice offers some tips for interested applicants:
- Prioritise the key issues to be addressed by the project. These should be directly linked to the needs of the target groups, and contextualised to the situation of the target areas.
- Maintain a balance between the presentation of the key issues and the proposition of the innovative solutions. Any proposal that focuses only on the latter without the former have low chances of being approved.
- Write learning questions applicants want to answer by own. Answers to these questions are at the core of what the project wants to achieve. Integrate how applicants will share what they have learned throughout the whole process.
- Describe how target groups will meaningfully engage in the project. Social innovation is more effective when driven or demanded by the target groups themselves. Voice follows the principle of nothing about us without us.
- Articulate clearly previous efforts related to the project (direct or indirect), this is necessary in showing their commitment in achieving the project goals.
- Rethink what innovative approaches and methodologies are. Voice promotes and supports effective solutions to address current social issues. Applicants are challenged to assess whether the proposed strategies are business as usual or actually breakthrough solutions.
How to Apply
Take the eligibility test available on the given website.
Eligible Country: Philippines
For more information, please visit Philippines Innovate and Learn Grants.