|VisionFund recruits 01 Regional Operations Director|
|Description de l’offre|
Regional Operations Director, Africa – VisionFund
Durée déterminée, temps plein
Rôle international – No – Seuls les candidats nationaux seront considérées.
Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in Africa where VF/WVI is registered to operate.
Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
VisionFund is seeking a Regional Operations Director (“ROD”) to support and manage the execution of VisionFund’s strategy in the region. The Regional Head is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the ‘double bottom line’ of financial and social performance / impact in the region and delegates certain aspects to the Regional Operations Director who is more directly involved in supporting individual VisionFund Micro-Finance Institutions (MFIs) with achieving their financial and social impact targets.
Building Capacity in the MFI:
• Supervise MFI CEOs under the Regional Operations Directors remit and manage performance expectations in support to local MFI and global VFI priorities, ensuring balanced achievement of MFI double bottom-lines of social and financial performance.
• Lead the delivery of business plans of individual MFIs. This includes monitoring, analysis, problem identification and recommendations that will ensure improved quality of delivery of financial services, improved control environment and increased alignment of strategy.
• Mentorship, coaching and effective onboarding/orientation of new CEOs in assigned MFIs.
Governance and Management:
• As Regional Operations Director, the job holder will be required to take on a board role within the assigned MFIs.
• The person is expected in their duties as a board member of an MFI to reflect the best interests of VFI and to make, where needed, decisions that support such a position.
• Responsible for ensuring MFIs have well-operating boards and are in compliance with local laws, regulatory requirements and WV/VFI policies, procedures and directives.
• Ensuring that there is adequate coordination and monitoring of internal and external audit responses by assigned MFIs management.
Acting in a Management capacity within an MFI during staffing gaps:
• If gaps are identified in the CEO, COO or CFO position that are likely to significantly impact the performance of the MFI and in particular put the MFI at risk then the Regional Operations Director will be required under the direction of the Regional Head to take on a management role in the MFI.
• This can be up to 3 or 6 months while a suitable replacement is being recruited. During this period the ROD will take on the roles of the required position and will continue to report to the Regional Head, but may have an added reporting line into the MFI depending on the position.
• Works closely with the MFI board and VFI senior leadership in the recruitment process of 3-Suit positions in the assigned MFI(s).
Personal and Staff Development:
• As a Christian VisionFund leader, facilitate the spiritual and professional development of MFI CEOs and direct reports.
• Develop clear individual goals, manageable and measurable targets and ongoing feedback and support to achieve them.
• Provide timely and regular staff performance coaching & feedback as well as an annual review of performance and individual development plans.
• Attend weekly virtual operations meetings and other meetings as required by the Regional Head.
• Participation in chapel and devotions.
Security and Safeguarding Responsibilities:
• In some cases, the ROD may have responsibility for security as Focal Point for the region.
• The ROD will be kept informed through existing mechanisms of any Client, staff or stakeholder Safeguarding issues happening in their assigned MFI(s)/Countries.
• ROD will carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions both within and outside the region.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• The key ability VisionFund is seeking is leadership. In addition to experience with microfinance and banking operations (lending, deposit taking), the successful candidate will have experience developing and nurturing a talented team, and spotting improvement opportunities and making those happen in a complex and dynamic environment. In addition, the following specific knowledge, skills and abilities are required, and may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self education, prior experience or on the job training.
• Marketing and Financial Services development experience.
• Strong Operational Skills in microfinance ideally gained in the relevant region through managing MFIs.
• Experience working in a multinational and multicultural environment with proven cross-cultural effectiveness. Must be cross culturally sensitive and flexible as the jobholder will work with associates from different cultural contexts and timezones. Flexibility on hours to contact people within wide time zone differences is required.
• Extensive leadership experience, largely in a financial services, banking or microfinance environment. Experienced leader of people, committed to developing and encouraging staff. Effective coach and able to train people in VisionFund policies and procedures.
• Given the need to control financial risk within the MFI’s, it is imperative that the jobholder will have good financial analysis, risk management and accounting skills, and strong internal control and project management skills including familiarity with internal audit processes.
• Communication skills, problem solving, diplomacy skills, negotiation and conflict management skills are all required in this senior management role working with multiple MFIs. Excellence in communication and influencing skills in both oral and written forms, with a variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to balance Christian values with sound commercial practices and commitment to the core values, mission and vision of VisionFund.
• Good organizational skills, and highly developed consulting skills, with ability to analyze, recommend solutions, mentor and direct people. Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple priorities and projects.
• Balanced and respectful approach to groups’ differing responsibilities and priorities. Sensitive to complexity of World Vision direction, MFI board independence and shareholder requirements.
• Must be experienced in managing effective support of accounting and loan tracking systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics, or equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
• Thorough knowledge and extensive experience in governance and compliance, microfinance and banking operations.
• Although central treasury expertise will be provided by VisionFund Global Centre this person should have an understanding of balance sheet risk management including interest rate risk, liquidity risk and foreign exchange risk as well as bank funding processes and contracting.
• Solid understanding of financial reporting and performance measurements and planning/forecasting.
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30 – 40% of the time. Most travel will be within the specific region, with periods of up to six months in a leadership role in an MFI.
• Occasional travel to other regions / global conferences or meetings.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online for this job :