VIA Arts Prize 2018: Inviting Entries from UK-based Artists
Deadline: 22 October 2018
The Embassy of Brazil to the UK, in partnership with ACALASP (the Association of Cultural Attachés of Latin America, Spain and Portugal), People’s Palace Projects (Queen Mary University of London) and Itaú, is currently inviting entries for the VIA Arts Prize 2018.
The VIA Arts Prize is dedicated to supporting UK-based artists in the creation of cross-cultural artworks, based on a theme, and contributing to their personal and professional growth. The Prize also promotes engagement with Ibero-American art and cultures, through a process of intercultural exchange. It is an opportunity for the selected artists to exhibit their work in a prestigious, highly visible space in the heart of London.
Following a pre-selection process conducted by the curatorial committee, up to 30 artworks will go on display for around seven weeks at the Embassy of Brazil in central London, with a high profile jury making the final selection of winning entries
Following on from the success of the VIA Arts Prize in its 2017 edition, the theme of DIALOGUES is maintained in 2018.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- First prize will receive £5,000 plus the chance to put on a solo exhibition at the Embassy of Brazil, as an extension of next year’s VIA Arts Prize.
- Second prize will receive £2,000.
- There will also be a People’s Choice Prize awarded by visitors to the exhibition but with no cash award.
- The Award is open to all UK-based artists of any nationality. Participants must be aged 16 or over.
- All artworks must be original and not previously exhibited (with the exception of degree show pieces); they must not infringe the copyrights or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Artworks must not violate the privacy of any person, nor can they have any sexually explicit, violent or racist content.
- Only works by individuals or collaborative partnerships will be considered.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit VIA Arts Prize 2018.