Uzbekistan: Self-Defense Camp for Women and Girls
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce a new round of Self-Defense Camp for Women and Girls in Tashkent in 2023.
To build the skills and confidence that women and girls need to protect themselves, the U.S. Embassy in Tashkent is launching a new round of self-defense camps for women and girls in Tashkent. The project will be done in collaboration with professional Self-Defense Instructors and a professional psychologist and member of the American Psychological Association—all alumni of U.S. exchange programs.
Personal safety should be your right no matter where you are, whether you are in your home, workplace, or on the street. Unfortunately, the fact that one in three women and girls experiences physical violence in their lifetime, most frequently by a person they know, is proof that this isn’t the case.
The problem is so widespread that, more likely than not, someone around you – a family member, neighbor, co-worker, friend, or even you yourself – has experienced this type of abuse. Unfortunately, harassment and stalking on the street is an everyday reality for women around the world.
- Classes will take place at BeFit Box, a state-of-the-art gym facility, and will run for three months beginning in January 2023. The exact start date will be communicated to all selected participants. There will be two age groups with a maximum of 30 participants each.
- Group A: Girls ages 13-18;
- Group B: Women ages 18 and up;
- Participants will learn a set of techniques and exercises to defend themselves against physical threats and how to maintain strength and overall wellbeing. The physical training program will be complemented by mental health coaching and individual and group therapy sessions led by a professional alumni psychologist.
- The classes are open to girls and women over 13 years old, regardless of fitness level or prior training experience.
- Important notes:
- This project is for girls and women only
- Classes are free of charge
- Participants will be selected based on their application
- The classes will take place at BeFit Box in Tashkent.
For more information, visit Self-Defense Camp for Women and Girls.
Laisser un Commentaire