USP recruits 01 Project Management Consultant
USP was recently awarded the Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+), a USAID-funded global program designed to sustainably strengthen medical product quality assurance systems in low-and-middle income countries. PQM+ is currently in the process of starting up activities in Senegal and is seeking a Dakar-based consultant to provide in-country oversight of the day-to-day project implementation by working with LNCM, DPM, USAID and other stakeholders. S/he will work under the guidance of the program manager for West Africa and in coordination with technical staff at USP headquarters in Rockville, MD. The period of performance for this consultancy will begin in December and run through September 30, 2024.
Scope of Work
- Provide in-country oversight of the day-to-day project implementation by working with LNCM, DPM, USAID and other stakeholders.
- Work with USP to assist DPM in setting up a PMS unit that would oversee the implementation of routine PMS.
- Monitor the work of the PMS unit and report back to USP.
- Provide on-ground logistics support to plan workshops to develop RB-PMS protocols and other technical training/activities.
- Assist in finalizing the national guidance for RB-PMS and PMS plan.
- Work with program manager to assist the LNCM leadership monitor the implementation of the SATTA tool and other QA/QC initiatives.
- Support USP technical experts in the execution of activities under the project while in Senegal.
- Attend monthly USAID meetings and submit meeting report
- Attend all meetings and workshops organized under the project.
- Provide periodic updates to the program manager on LNCM, DPM activities and assignments.
- Facilitate all logistics arrangements for USP project staff and international technical experts when in-country.
- Other assignments requested by the program manager/deputy director.
- Monthly activity-based report to USP program manager
- Minutes and sign-in sheet of meetings attended on behalf of the project
- Trip reports of within country and out of country technical support travels (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, pharmaceutical/life science or related field.
- Prior USAID experience in global health programming and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred
- At least 5 years professional experience working in a Quality Control laboratory either within a pharmaceutical manufacturing company or a medicines regulatory authority.
- At least 2 years’ experience in project management support/coordination.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and to effectively liaise with relevant parties, including government and non-government stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be proficient in English and French and possess excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must have basic project management skills.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Firm knowledge of the operations of drug regulatory authorities and national quality control laboratories.
- Understand the basics of monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- High level of integrity and commitment to quality.
- Must possess ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write lucid technical and management reports in English, preferred.
- Ability to travel within Senegal
Period of Performance
- The anticipated period of performance will begin in December and run through September 30, 2024.
Please send CV, 3-References, and Hourly Rate to Pascal Echeverri, Senior Procurement Specialist, at GPH_Procurement@USP.org by the closing date of November 16, 2020.
When submitting your application, write “Project Management Consultant for Senegal” in the email Subject Line.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à GPH_Procurement@USP.org