USDA-NIFA: Farm Business Management and Benchmarking Competitive Grants Program
Deadline: 9 April 2019
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is seeking applications for its “Farm Business Management and Benchmarking (FBMB) Competitive Grants Program” to provide funds for improving the farm management knowledge and skills of agricultural producers by maintaining and expanding a national, publicly available farm financial management database to support improved farm management.
- Maximize the ability of American agricultural producers to prosper by feeding and clothing the world.
- Provide an Effective Financial Safety Net for Farmers and Ranchers to Sustain Economically Viable Agricultural Production and Support Rural Jobs and Economic Growth.
- Increase Agricultural Opportunities and Support Economic Growth by Creating New Markets and Supporting a Competitive Agricultural System.
- Facilitate rural prosperity and economic development.
- Expand Rural Business Opportunity and Rural Quality of Life with Access to Capital; Improved Infrastructure, Broadband Access, and Connectivity; and Support for Workforce Availability.
- Strengthen the stewardship of private lands through technology and research.
- Enhance Conservation Planning With Science-Based Tools and Information
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $1,300,000
- Award Ceiling: $500,000
- Award Floor: $100,000
Applications may be submitted by numerous entities. Pursuant to 7 U.S.C. 450i (b) (7), eligible applicant means:
- State agricultural experiment station;
- College and universities;
- University research foundation;
- Other research institutions and organizations;
- Federal agencies;
- National laboratories;
- Private organizations or corporations;
- Individuals; or
- Any group consisting of two (2) or more
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=312723