Deadline: 18 November 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Burundi (USAID/Burundi) is seeking applications for a Fixed Amount Award (FAA) from eligible and qualified entities to implement GIR’ITEKA (Be Respected), a Gender Based Violence (GBV) Health Activity in Burundi.
The objective of GIR’ITEKA (Be Respected) is to improve the integration of gender-based violence (GBV) prevention and response into the HIV clinical cascade to accelerate progress towards control of the HIV epidemic and, more specifically, to address GBV, a key structural driver of the HIV epidemic.
Three intermediate results will support achievement of this objective:
- Improved GBV and HIV prevention for vulnerable and key populations;
- Improved GBV case-identification and response in HIV index testing and partner notification;
- Improved post-GBV care integrated into HIV clinical services
- Award Ceiling: $3,000,000
- Eligibility for this NOFO is restricted to local Burundian organizations.
- Only local organizations as defined below are eligible for award. USAID defines a “local entity” as an individual, a corporation, a nonprofit organization, or another body of persons that:
- Is legally organized under the laws of; and
- Has as its principal place of business or operations in; and
- Is majority owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of; and
- Is managed by a governing body the majority of who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of the country receiving assistance.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=321681