USA / Canada: PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women and Female Students
Course Level: Graduate (masters, phd)
Provider: PEO IPS Fund
Country to Study in: USA, Canada
The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarships (IPS) are awarded every year to women who are citizens of countries other than the United States or Canada for graduate study in a degree program offered in schools in the United States and Canada.
Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding and aims to help qualified women who desire higher education and are in need of financial assistance.
The PEO IPS fund is a program of women helping women reach for the stars. The IPS fund will provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
Essential qualifications include:
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada. Applicant must not be enrolled at time of application.
- A copy of the applicant’s confirmation of admission must be received by the P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship office by April 1 in order to complete the application. This notice must specify the graduate degree program. No consideration will be given to applicants lacking evidence of admission.
International students attending cottey college are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Please note these restrictions:
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships, or for practical training unless it is combined with coursework.
- Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT the USA and Canada)
All approved schools (college or university) in the United States and Canada
Fields of study
Any masters or doctoral level program in any field of study
Number of awards
Not specified, but several will be given
The scholarship is for the whole duration of the applicant’s study program
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
Method of Application
You may obtain information on the International Peace Scholarship program from the P.E.O. Executive Office or from the official website (link to it is below).
Eligibility must be established before application material is made available. To determine eligibility, complete the Eligibility Form and submit within the stipulated time (between September 15 and December 15 every year).
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply.
Submission of Eligibility Form for the 2016/2017 session opens 15th September 2015 and ends 15th December 2015; while that to submit completed application materials from enrolled and unenrolled applicants is 1 March 2016 and 1 April 2016 respectively.
The important annual dates are as below:
- September 15 – IPS begins to accept Eligibility Forms
- December 15 – Last day to submit Eligibility Forms
- March 1 (the following year) – Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended
- April 1 (the following year) – Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended
Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College
- May (the following year) – Notification of scholarship awards
- June 1 (the following year) – Last day for students to accept IPS scholarships
Eligibility forms will NOT be accepted before September 15 or after December 15.
Each applicant has 60 days from the date her eligibility form is approved to submit her completed application material. The material includes the Application Form, Personal Statement (or Progress Report for renewals), Educational/Employment Resume, Recommendations and the Return Travel Guarantee Form. These may all be downloaded from the official website (link to it is below).
Awards are announced in may. The amount of the scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December
Information concerning admission to cottey college may be obtained by writing to the coordinator of Admissions, Cottey College, Nevada, Missouri 64772, or visit them at cottey.edu.
The P.E.O. IPS Fund was established in 1949 to provide scholarships for international women students to pursue graduate study in the United States and Canada.
Application Deadline: 15 December 2015 || 1 March / 1 April 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes
More Scholarship Information and Application