URBAN REFUGEES (UR) is a French NGO whose mission is to support initiatives led by refugees in urban areas of low and middle-income countries: www.urban-refugees.org
Although these effective, sustainable and inexpensive initiatives are founded and implementedby refugees, they are not widely recognized nor meaningfully supported.
To remedy this situation, UR has set up:
- a capacity building program in urban areas: The Urban Refugees Incubation Program (URIP) through which we provide technical (training) and financial support to refugee self-help groups;
- an advocacy strategy at ensuring that these groups are recognised as key actors in the humanitarian response;
- an information sharing program to improve support to refugee populations in cities.
Summary of the position:
URBAN REFUGEES is looking for a volunteer translator from French into English for :
- Monthly translation of a newsletter
- Punctual translation of various projects (questionnaires etc…).
Experience / Training
- Arabic as a native language or perfect command required
- Very good understanding of English
- High reactivity and ability to work quickly
- Knowledge of humanitarian sector terms, more specifically refugee, development or human rights support, allowing for ease of writing and technical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of french
- Remote work activity
- Be available at least 3hours per month
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com before november 24, 2020