UOSSM France recruits 01 Programme Manager
UOSSM France is a humanitarian, non-governmental health organization. The organisation is committed to provide quality healthcare and humanitarian relief to victims of crises, with a particular focus on the Syrian context. Founded in early 2012, the organisation started implementing health-centric projects inside Syria in response to the Syrian crisis largely based on the commitment of medical doctors and members of the Syrian diaspora. Today, UOSSM is one the largest medical NGOs operating directly inside Syria. UOSSM provides humanitarian assistance and medical care to all victims of war regardless of their religion, ethnicity, religious or political affiliation.
For one of our main institutionally funded programmes, we are currently looking for an experienced Programme Manager based in Paris. He/She will provide strategic guidance to the teams implementing the programme in ways that embrace the organization’s culture and oversee the operational progress. In this, the Programme Manager will be closely supported by our team in Paris and other parts of the organisation, predominantly based in Gaziantep, Turkey.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with pertinent experience in project management and in managing teams with different cultural and professional backgrounds. He/She is furthermore expected to develop efficient strategies and tactics and ensure to produce results in a timely and effective manner. The candidate will require strong experience in institutional grant and project development and be able to adequately review, follow up on and evaluate the programme from an overarching managerial perspective. The ultimate goal for us is to ensure that the programme delivers the desired results for our organization and the people we serve on the ground; a process that the successful candidate will lead on. The Programme Manager will report to the Programme Director organisationally, and to a dedicated Steering Committee for the Programme in specific.
Roles and responsibilities
● Formulating, organizing and monitoring the concrete programme activities
● Deciding on suitable strategies and objectives
● Coordinating the Programme’s activities, setting and following up on deadlines
● Leading and evaluating the Programme team
● Budget management
● Applying change, risk and resource management
● Assessing the Programme’s performance with an aim to maximize its impact and ROI
● Resolving any higher scope issues where relevant
What to expect from us?
● A welcoming work environment based on sincere collaboration, involvement and mutual support
● Working in a highly dynamic and value-driven NGO dedicated to support the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities affected by one of the most severe crises of our times;
● Working with a very dedicated and diverse team in Paris and Europe and the rest of the organization in Syria and the neighbouring region;
● Ownership and responsibility for own tasks
● Support and appreciation for coordinated own initiatives and engagement with a view to inspire further internal development and change
● Close support from colleagues across the organization
● Strong opportunities for on-the-job learning as well as formal professional development
● A competitive salary and adequate compensation for work-related expenses
Experience / Training
Qualifications, experience and skills
I. Academic background
[Required] BSc/BA diploma in management or relevant field
[Preferred] MSc/MA diploma in management or relevant field
[Preferred] Academic background in Health / Public Health
II. Professional/Practical Experience
[Required] At least three years of experience as a Programme Manager or a comparable managerial position
[Required] Experience in managing institutionally-funded projects
[Preferred] Experience managing health programmes in fragile and conflict-affected states
[Preferred] Experience in working within the Syrian (health) context is an asset
[Preferred] PMD certificate
III. Skills and attitudes
● Outstanding leadership capacity and team spirit, particularly including cross-cultural dimensions
● Excellent communication and soft skills
● Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
● Strong drive to meet deadlines and cope with working under pressure
● Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
● Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
● Thorough knowledge of M&E
● Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project, or similar)
● Strong, professional command of both English and Arabic (mandatory)
● French, in addition, is an asset
● Ability to work remotely with an international team across different countries and time zones
● Readiness to travel (particularly to Turkey; other countries as relevant for the Programme)
Title: Programme Manager
Location: Paris, France (required – a work permit in France is therefore required)
Contract type: 100% – full time (35 hours per week)
Duration: 1.5-years contract with a potential prolongation upon termination of the contract depending on suitability and performance
Salary: Between 3,600 and 4,200 € monthly gross salary based on experience and qualification
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of “Mr Secretary General” and the key word “Application: Programme Manager”.
Please only submit applications in English. Applications in French or in Arabic will not be considered.
We will accept applications from the 11th – 24th of January 2021.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for (online) interviews on a first come first served basis shortly after submitting their application(s).
If you have any further questions about the position or UOSSM France, please do not hesitate to be in touch via the same email address enclosed above, using the key word “Question: Programme Manager”, or give us a call on: +33 (0)9 77 19 77 51.
Please consider that the office may not at all times be attended during COVID-related lockdowns in Paris. In case you do not reach us, please send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Your Team at UOSSM France