|UNV recruits 01 Youth Strategy focal point assistant|
|Description de l’offre|
Youth Strategy focal point assistant
Expected Starting Date
11 October 2021
12 months with possiblity of extension
05 July 2021
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the RCO Team Leader or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Offer inputs and insights on youth issues drawing from own and existing networks and understanding of youth issues, as well as solid research, reports and studies conducted in Senegal or elsewhere as well as best practices in other countries.
• Contribute to ensure aspects related to biodiversity, migration and health are considered in the youth strategy implementation in Senegal.
• Provide full support and coordination in the articulation, development and implementation of the UN Strategy on Youth in Senegal.
• Assist in coordination of technical lead agencies and monitoring of each of the five key priorities of the 2030 United Nations Youth Strategy.
• Work closely with co-leads identified for each key priority to map stakeholders and identify potential opportunities (Government, civil society, volunteer organizations, the private sector, academic institutions as well as youth initiatives and individual volunteers) to participate and contribute to national level processes and other youth forums.
• Provide secretariat functions and technical support to the organization and reporting of meetings and maintain an effective communication mechanism between the involved stakeholders.
• Support the organization and implementation of the Strategy’s activities (such as forums on Youth).
• Support coordination the preparation and provide technical inputs to the development, programming, monitoring and tracking of results of the Action Plan of the Strategy.
• Assist in providing technical support to partners (national counterparts/Government, schools/universities and other organizations) around young people’s engagement to support implementation of activities related to the development and implementation of the strategy and the Action Plan at country-level.
• Assist in networking and inclusion of other young people’s engagement activities (e.g Young UN Hub or other partners).
• Review strategic reports on youth provided by Headquarters and provide inputs to regular management briefs and reports to inform decision-making and comply with reporting obligations, as necessary.
• Communicate through various communication means, including social media, on progress in the development and implementation of the strategy, in collaboration with the United Nations Communications Group.
• File and keep easily accessible records of all documents related to the project.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Social sciences or international relations.
• Demonstrated interest and or experience in coordination, project management, development or related areas.
• Experience with youth leadership and participation is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
• Demonstrated interest in and/or knowledge of social issues, policies and programmes as related to Youth
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
• Accuracy and professionalism
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
• Sound security awareness;
• Have affinity with or interest in Coordination volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
• French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Other development programme/project experience
Area of expertise details
Learning and development are a central part of the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment and take place before, during and after his or her assignment in the field. Ideally, offering diverse opportunities for learning and development aim to strengthen the volunteer’s skills and competences, improve the quality of the assignment and keep the volunteer’s motivation high.
Learning elements for the UN Youth Volunteer include the development of:
• Professional skills: including specific competencies and reflection on assignment-related abilities; and on-the-job skills such as time management, problem solving, team building; and career preparedness such as interview skills, CV preparation, job searching.
• Inter-personal skills: including communication and listening skills; multi-cultural awareness and cultural competency; and conflict and stress management.
• Volunteering-related skills: including leadership; civic responsibility; and engagement and active participation.
Beyond the learning opportunities provided by UNV, the host agency will support knowledge and capacity development in the technical areas that are relevant to the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment. The host agency will provide, at its expense, UN Youth Volunteers with equal opportunity to participate in training courses and workshops offered to its personnel.
Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online :